Do I need to MUST have UK bank account to integrate “shopify payments” on my store?

haseeb2
1 0 0

I have UK paypal account but not UK bank account. Do I need to MUST have UK bank account to integrate “shopify payments” on my store?

Or I can receive money in shopify account and send them to my business paypal and then withdraw?

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3790 362 747

Hi @haseeb2,

Nick here from Shopify. 

There are a few requirements to integrate Shopify Payments to your store and having a bank account is one of them. I will list some of them below: 

Make sure that your bank account meets the following requirements before you connect it to Shopify Payments:

• The account is a full checking account, or a current account in the UK and Ireland.
  • The account uses the payout currency of your region.
  • The account can accept electronic bank transfers.

You can see the guide Shopify has for this going into more detail about it all here

You could accept money into the account you connect your store to and then transfer it to PayPal should you wish, but you wouldn't be able to put it directly into PayPal unless the customer decides to pay via that method. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Thanks, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes