Do not want address to show up on local pickup option.

Shawnab20
1 0 0

I operate my store out of my home. When a customer chooses 'PickUp' option, it displays my full home address, including my apartment number. They do not have to have paid for the item to see this. This means that anyone coming to my website can find my fill address. I do not want customers to see my full home address until after they've paid for the item. I'd like to be able to send them an email with my address. Is there any way to set this up?

0 Likes
ktomacie
3 0 0

I was just reading about this on another page, you have to have your full address on display so they can choose if your close enough to pick up or not. If your address is not an area they want to travel to they would then have to cancel the order. I am struggling with how to do local pick ups as well.. I don't want to do them from my home at all but I currently meet customers at a local shopping center for orders. Can't figure out how to do this via shopify's check out process.. yet anyways. 

0 Likes
thatsSOart
Tourist
3 0 1

I have the same issue. The best option I’ve found is a coupon code that takes off shipping and when it’s used I know to reach out and send my address. Nine times out of ten I’m Facebook friends with them already so I just hop on a send a message there. It’s not foolproof but it hasn’t been a problem in my small town so far. The most obvious downside is that you can’t combine coupon codes. It’s also possible for someone to use that code for an item that drop ships, taking off shipping for them but my drop shipper just pushing it on through. When that happens once or twice I’ll have to find another workaround.

0 Likes
ktomacie
3 0 0

So, I actually added local pick up as a shipping option. I make it free with $20 purchase and at the bottom of my website I state that for local pick up email contact is needed to arrange a location. I don't have people come to my home but rather I meet them in public places safe for both of us. I also offer contactless drop off now with Covid being such a thing. If they are close to my home I will happily drop the package off at their door. This has gotten me a LOT of repeat customers and no one argues about the minimum purchase amount. 

0 Likes
ROCSEy11
Tourist
23 0 2

Hello, How did You remove You address if You don’t mind Me asking.

0 Likes
ktomacie
3 0 0

I didn't do a true local pick up. I set a shipping section to free and titled it local pick up. At the bottom of my website I state " Local pick up is available upon check out, $20 minimum purchase required. Email contact will be needed to arrange pick up location." This way my address doesn't show up and they don't just come to my home. I meet many people in town at safe public places, some I do give my address to and then pick up at my door or if I happen to be going past their homes I drop off their items. They love the service and its no real hassle at all for me. 

0 Likes
ROCSEy11
Tourist
23 0 2

Thank You so much this makes perfect sense. I’m going to try it.

0 Likes
Krs1jones
1 0 0

I’m so new to this but I definitely want to try this option. Do you create a custom shipping rate by choosing “create new profile” and then adding all your products to it? 

0 Likes
Key
1 0 0

How do you do this? 

0 Likes
goodforthesoul
2 0 0

This might be a bit late, but I have found a workaround for this. I enabled "Local delivery" instead, but I tweaked it to make it work for me. So, I only allowed it for a radius of 10 miles from my home, which you can set up to whatever distance you want. The customer will ONLY see this option if their address is within the XX miles radius set up. Otherwise, they will only see a shipping option. You can set up the "pickup instructions" in the "Delivery information" box on the settings page. Then, so it would say "Local Pickup" instead of "Local delivery" under the shipping options, I went to Online Store>Current Theme>Actions>Edit Languages. I typed in "local" in the search box. It will bring up the wording settings for Checkout & system / Checkout shipping - Local delivery. In that box, type "Local Pickup" and save. At that point, the shipping option will show "Local Pickup" instead of delivery. 

Pickup.PNG

0 Likes