Documentation needed for shopify payments

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi friends, i'm from Uruguay and none of the payment options provided are suitable for drop shipping in other countries.

So, I would like to use Shopify Payments and saw that there are some few requirements for this... like have a business in one of a list of countries.

My question is, is it ok with Shopify if I pay to a proffesional to create a legal company for me in one of this countries without me having to live there?

I just want to work and make things legal.

Thanks a lot,

Pablo.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
490 50 58

Hello, @gsdarulle.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

Shopify Payments requires you to be a residence in the country that you are conducting business and provide business documents, so Shopify Payments would not be an option at this time. For more information, please refer to Shopify Payments Terms of Service

Here’s our list of integrated payment gateways in Uruguay for your consideration as they would be legal to use for your business.

I can appreciate that you would like to use Shopify Payments and I hope that it will be available in Uruguay in the future. I will submit a feature request so that our developers are made aware that merchants in Uruguay are interested in Shopify Payments.

If you have any more questions regarding this topic, feel free to reply to this thread and I’d be happy to help.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes