According to reports, Canada Post will increase postage on January 14. 2019 In fact, Canada Post announced the relevant rate adjustment in June 2018 and obtained approval from the relevant authorities on December 6. It is worth noting that Canada Post not only raised domestic mail and parcel charges, but also increased international parcel charges. Overall, Canadian domestic parcel service prices rose by an average of 4%, while US and international parcel service charges rose by an average of 2%.
In addition, Canada Post has made some adjustments to its delivery:
1. Introduce the signature service function in Xpresspost-International Express;
2. Add 1.5kg and 2kg two fee standards to the Tracked Packet-USA and Small Packet-USA Air packages.
E-commerce sellers need to pay special attention to Canada Post's adjustments in individual service features and selection fees, as well as surcharges:
1. The charge for Signature selection (ie signature verification service) will be increased to $1.75;
2. The Proof of Age fee will be increased to $3;
3. The surcharge for the letter tube will be increased to $2;
4. The price of oversized and unpackaged parcels is adjusted to $12 per piece (the first long side of the parcel is more than 1 meter, or the second long side is more than 76 cm, which is charged at the oversized parcel price);
5. Items that exceed the maximum size or maximum weight specifications will be charged an additional $100.
eBay also tells Canadian sellers that eBay's postage calculator and Shippo tags will be updated as soon as the new exchange rate becomes effective. eBay also reminds sellers to modify the shipping costs of the products in the listing.
Does the increased post fee affect your business in 2019?