Does Shopify shipping calculator support freight?

1 0 0

I set up a shipping estimate calculator for my store that works fine with items that ship via FedEx ground (followed tutorial found here: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/cart/add-shipping-calculator).

However, some items in my store ship via FedEx freight, and the calculator is showing "we do not ship to this destination." When I click through to the checkout, the correct freight rates are shown.

All my rates are being calculated through an app, so I'm not sure why the ground shipping rates would display correctly in the calculator but the freight wouldn't? Is there something specific to freight that breaks the calculator? Anything I should try?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
149 9 18

Hi, there!

I appreciate you giving this tutorial a try to add a shipping calculator to your store!

Since this tutorial is an advanced tutorial, we’re unable to support this directly. It’s possible that the shipping calculator will not work as expected, which could be the cause of why you got the error that freight rates were unavailable.

An alternative to using this tutorial would be to look at shipping calculator apps like Shipping Rates Calculator Plus from our App Store. This app allows you to show rates in your cart, exactly how they are in your admin’s Shipping rate settings. You can find similar apps here

If you would still like to continue using the shipping calculator from the advanced tutorial, I recommend hiring a Shopify Expert for assistance. Shopify Experts have extensive knowledge of coding, so you can contact one to help you customize the shipping calculator so that it includes freight rates.

I’m also curious to see what the community can suggest!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes