Does Stripe count as Shopify Payments from Latvia?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi!

I just upgraded from Development to Basic plan. The Basic plan notes that there will be a 2% in "Additional fees using all payment providers other than Shopify Payments".

I'm from Latvia (EU) and I run Stripe. Stripe IS Shopify Payments (white label). Does this mean that I won't pay an additional 2% in Shopify fees?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 132

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @davissuneps!

My name is Lizzy and I’m from the support team at Shopify. I'd be happy to go over this with you!

While Shopify Payments is powered by Stripe, our offering is not exactly the same as what you will get with a Stripe account. This means that using Stripe as the gateway on your store is not the same as using Shopify Payments. At this time, Shopify Payments is not available for businesses using Shopify based in Latvia. However, our teams are working hard to expand the locations where it is available! 

This does mean that for the orders you have going through your Online Store checkout, there would be a transaction fee charged by Shopify. The exact percentage will vary based on your plan, but as you had mentioned, on the Basic plan it will be 2%. The higher tier plans do have a lower percentage (as well as other features), so you can always switch as you start getting more and more orders. 

This page here, from our Help Center, breaks down transaction fees and how they work in a bit more detail.

I also wanted to congratulate you on getting your store one step closer to launching! Have you started developing a marketing plan for your business as well? 

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you for your reply! OK, got it. Looking forward to having Shopify Payments available in Latvia (like Stripe is now!).

The 2% fee will appear in my next month's Shopify invoice on top of the Basic plan?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 132

You're welcome!

Yes, the transaction fee charges will appear on your next invoice, unless you have enough sales to exceed your monthly threshold. If that happens, you'll be billed at the time you meet the threshold, and then any additional amounts will be applied to your monthly bill.

You can take a look at what your monthly threshold is on the account under Settings>Billing. This is also where you can see your current invoice totals, and next billing date!

This page here has a little bit more information about thresholds and how they work!

Thank you!

Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

OK, thanks!

0 Likes