Does "Basic" plan charge no fee for Credit Card transactions?

3 0 0

Hello, i am confused what is Basic Plan and Shopify Payments. I see on website, that in case of Basic Plan, it charges for credit card for 2.2%. But i read somewhere that if a use Shopify Payments i am getting charged with 0%. Is Shopify Payments free? Then why don't use everyone shopify payments? And what is generally shopify payments? when i pay 304 for Basic plan, do i have shopify payments too? Or why i just use any other Payment gateway when shopify payments charges no fees?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
698 101 245

Unfortunately, Shopify payments is not free. They charge a % + a transaction fee, so 2.2% + 20p (using UK as an example) on the Basic plan.

Shopify payments is just a payment gateway, same as Stripe (and in fact it is Stripe under the covers).

If you're paying 304 for basic plan the yes this is the monthly cost + transaction fees + any app fees.

Hope that clarifies.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

thanks, so that there is no free payment gateway? I mean for Woocommerce i need gateway too? Is here any option that does not charge any transaction fee?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

And in case of Paypal, shopify does charge double? 2% + 2,9% of Paypal?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
698 101 245

Hi - afraid there are no free payment gateways out there whatever platform you use. But if you were to go down the WooCommerce route for example, then you would definitely be able to find a cheaper one.

Yes, if you use Paypal or similar on your Shopify store then you get charged by both Paypal & Shopify. Only exception is to do with Point Of Sale but assume that's not relevant to you.

Here's the Shopify pricing page which explains it all. This is the UK one but they'll have the equivalent for whatever country you are in.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes