Double Payment Problem

Highlighted
4 0 0

Ok so I tested out two apps on shopify, Obilo and RageOn. I test the payment system by actually paying myself and in both instances I pay full price plus shipping. The problem is Shopify gives me my money back in both instances and then charges me again. On RageOn the pices comes over in NZ dollars on there site as I want it. So the original cost in say $29 including shipping Im happy with that, next minute I get given $28 back and RageOn charges me $47 nz. I post to RageOn and they say it should be in American. Im about to find another ecommerce site and just use local goods. Please help otherwise next month Im out with another ecommerce, that crazy you have to pay twice the fees.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 503

Hi @SocIno,

Nick here from Shopify. 

I'm not 100% clear on what you mean exactly.  I'm wondering could the money involved which you are seeing be from the profit aspect of the app once you sell items since the app is free to download and thus Shopify wouldn't charge for it and if Shopify did it would only be in USD and NZD. 

19-10-pop4r-mqmzy

You can see the app charge itself is free from the screenshot below:

19-10-guvsc-sa8aj

Would you be able to clarify what the fee's you are seeing are for please and I can take a closer look into this for you? I'm wondering since you did a test order and paid yourself if the cost and profit are going back to you also making it look like there are two charges perhaps? 

It could also be worth reaching out to the RageOn team directly at talent@rageon.com to see why these charges might be there. 

Looking forward to hearing from you, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

IMG_20191021_122622.jpgIMG_20191021_122644.jpgIMG_20191021_122719.jpgIMG_20191021_122732.jpgIMG_20191021_122744.jpgIMG_20191021_122810.jpgIMG_20191021_123020.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I wanted to test and buy a product on my shopify to make sure it was true and correct for price, so when people went to buy something on my store it was in nz dollars and it was the correct price. So I brought something on my site that was from Obelo, I think it was $3, what ended up happening that money was paid back to me and I was recharged $4. Second item brought of RageOn costing me originally roughly $29nz on my store, again 3 days later that I was only given $28 and recharge $49. The second one really set off alarm bells, lucky I haven't sold anything yet. I told RageOn what had happened and they simply said that it was US dollars $29 and I said Ok but on my site it does say after buying the product it was $29. So how do I stop this double payment system?

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Im not too concerned as I will probably use some other ecommerce site and use local printers but would love to know why I get double charged though.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 503

That does sound strange for sure @SocIno.

I can see from your screenshots that everything seems normal, but to see the other aspects of what you are describing, I would need to take a closer look. Would it be ok to reach out to you directly about this via email to see what's going on here? If so, can you confirm the best email to reach you on and if it's the one you signed up to the community with? I can dig deeper into this for you and try to find out what's happening. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes