Double Shipping Charged

Solved
9 0 0

Hi, I'm currently using two POD suppliers. One supplier sends customers the tracking info on their order automatically and one does not. One is set to my stores location and a 3rd party location by the other POD supplier. I am having customers add two products to their cart and each product is full-filled by the separate companies. It is charging my customers shipping twice even know I have the flat rate method selected. Everything was going fine until I added  second POD supplier that their app doesn't manage the shipping. Can anyone help me out so the customer is only charge once?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @maxpoweraff ,

This sounds like it could be a shipping profiles issue. If this is the case, if you head to Settings > Shipping, you will see more than just the 'General' shipping profile (I attached a picture). Even if you didn't add the profiles, it may have been your POD company (some do this when you install their app). If you want one flat rate to show at checkout regardless of what's in the cart, make sure all of your products are in one Shopify shipping profile. 

General Shipping.jpg

I hope this helps! 

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping
Execute a strategic approach to shipping | Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Hi Sharon, thank you for answering. I checked and I have one general shipping profile but the 2nd pod company is added as a location. So Shopify thinks there is two warehouses. Once a product is ordered from each warehouse per say, it is charging standard shipping twice. If I remove the SPOD app from the locations, no shipping method is available when a product is added to the cart from that location.

1.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks for the screenshot! 

Try only having 1 location for both POD suppliers - since they are separate warehouses, Shopify assumes they are two shipments (which they are). If you only have 1 location and one set of rates, it won't double your rates at checkout. 

-Sharon 

Execute a strategic approach to shipping | Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Thank you again Sharon, your help if greatly appreciated. When I remove SPOD as the location, all SPOD products no longer have a shipping option at checkout. SPOD also auto syncs the tracking number with my orders. Any other ideas?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I am having the same trouble.  I received my first order and the shipping was more than it should have been.  I revisited my shipping rates and found I had 2 profiles, general and Printful.  I deleted all Printful shipping profiles and now everything is under one.  However, I too have products available from 2 fullfillment center apps.  When a product is added from each, the shipping is being calculated on each item instead of the order as a whole.shipping.JPG

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

And I can't change to only 1 location or else the product won't ship.  An error occurs when checking out and says to remove items from cart because a shipping method isn't selected.

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Same issue as well.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Joel-Reedsthis doesn't appear to make sense. Can you suggest some fixes? Thank you :) 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
149 9 23

The issue is related to multiple locations.  If the inventory levels for a single location do not have enough stock to fulfill the entire order, the order is split up by location based on where inventory is available for an item.

Shopify will then perform a separate shipping calculation for each "piece" of the order and blend these rates together at checkout.  The result is typically seeing double the cost for shipping.

Other than consolidating everything into a single location, another way around this is to add inventory for all products to all locations so that a single location is selected for the shipment.

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes