Double Shipping Charged

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 6

Hi, 

Is there an update to this yet? Or is the ridiculous "solution" to have the inventory at all locations.

What do you all do with two or more locations to solve this issue? If you found a real solution, please share.

Thank you.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

We’ve had to do free shipping for our site so that we can fulfil from multiple locations.

I hope the Shopify developers add an override to this setting in the near future!

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Hi everyone, 

I am facing the same issue.

I have two warehouse locations where inventory is kept. Both locations are on the same street. One location is a shop and the other is a warehouse at the head office.

I need to have two warehouse locations so that the team know where the particular product is.

I want to charge a flat rate of $10 for all orders shipped to New Zealand only.

I do not want to put all of my stock/inventory into one location because that will make it harder for my team to know where the product is located.

Is there an option to include one total flat rate even if you have multiple warehouse locations?

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Hello everyone, we got exatly the same problem.

Dropshipping model is growing fast and if i want to send multiple products from different wharehouse with a flat tariff is my business.. it's absurd that Shopify can't offer an override option to set one flat tariff that not depends from the multiple logistics.

We really hope they can find a solution..

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

Adding my voice to the pile over this issue.
The only real solution it seems would be to disable/revert/override the 'multiple-locations' feature on one's store.
When this feature first rolled out, there was documentation, but very confusing and time-consuming.
I enabled the feature trusting that Shopify would have thought all of this out.
But, the feature 'can't be reversed'.
There are many store owners losing sales over this problem.
I only recently discovered why I was having such a high number of abandoned carts - because a customer actually paid the super-high shipping charge.
I refunded them the difference, then started digging in to the problem.

We need a solution - namely, the ability to disable the 'locations' feature that's causing the problem.
I can't be the only store owner that came up with streamlined shipping rates, then factored some of the shipping cost into my prices . . .

Spending hours overhauling my shipping rates, all of my product prices, or paying for an app to achieve a simple ecommerce function is enough to make me want to move to a different platform

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

Also: NOT SOLVED
"Solution" isn't practically workable if you have products/variants:
Some from your primary location
Some from an app, in my case Printful.

This is probably the case for many store owners.

Tried getting help via chat, but they wanted me to explain the whole problem (I didn't have another hour to spend on this), which has been discussed ad nauseam in this community without a reasonable solution from Shopify.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Also looking for a solution for this.

Charging double shipping is terrible for customers.

The only solution I found was making one warehouse free and keep the shipping rates for the more frequently used one, but that is just a weird inconsistency for both the customer and me.

Please help!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this. It's such a frustrating issue. I have been passed along to about 5 different customer support people at Shopify with no solution except they've asked me to try different apps for additional costs and the app developers have said it won't work. I was told to look at a forum and came across this article with everyone having the same problem. I'm not sure why Shopify isn't taking this seriously and amending this issue.

We added multiple stores in the hope of having click and collect set up for Christmas but have run into this issue which is causing a major headache!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Same problem here. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

I fill orders from my home that are unique products (one-offs). I also sell products that I manufacture and have large quantities of being fulfilled by a fulfillment center. When a customer orders a unique product and a product from the fulfillment center, the shipping is doubled and this kills the conversion. They shouldn't have to pay double shipping. FIX THIS!!! I can't find any solution.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I, TOO, am losing sales and have been reporting this issue since I launched. I have spent tireless hours seeking a solution only to be tossed around in the help chat with no true solutions! Frustrating! Thinking of taking my store elsewhere. This thread has been going on entirely too long and STILL NO FIX!

0 Likes