Double Shipping Charged

Solved
1 0 1

I have had similar issues since opening our second store and daily am having issues between shoplify and vend and 99% of them IM having to solve myself!

BUT great news is I found a solution that has been working.. if your like me and have inventory at multiple 'locations' FOR A REASON.. here..

SETTINGS > SHIPPING & DELIVERY > MANAGE RATES > SHIPPING FROM (I had my 2 locations listed here) > REMOVE ONE LOCATION BY HITTING MANAGE > REMOVE LOCATION > SAVE/DONE

So essentially what I understand this to mean is I had 2 places I was shipping from, where as now I have one.. my stock is still pulled as normal from my preference location and then pulled from the other location and from a dozen test sales I can see its still doing this accurately.. this method above seems to cover exactly what we need in that its basically JUST the shipping from allocation charge, so when Bob buys x1 short from one location and x1 from another in the single sale he isn't doubled charged for shipping..

Your welcome shopify.. thank you and goodnight haha 

Tourist
3 0 1

Do you use a third-party fulfillment service? The problem with me removing one of those locations as a "ship from location" is that then the connected APIs won't mark orders as fulfilled. Or if I remove the other location as a "ship from location" when they ship the item that they do have, they'll mark both products as fulfilled instead of just the one item they have at their warehouse... leaving me with products that are marked fulfilled that really aren't...

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

I tested this just in case... and it doesn't work. If you remove a location as "Shipping From" like you said, the customer is unable to purchase that item when they go to check out. They will get an error message saying "Some items in your cart don't ship to that location"..... This does NOT work... SHOPIFY PLEASE FIX THIS DOUBLE SHIPPING CHARGE PROBLEM!

Excursionist
25 0 11

Oh no! Thank you for trying out. I was hoping this would be the solution. 

Please all, don't forget to ask Shopify support for a solution again. This thread is marked as "solved" when it is not at all. 

0 Likes
Tourist
5 1 4

Crazy. Can't believe this hasn't been solved yet. Is Shopify planning to fix this, or do they see this bug as a "feature".

I thought the point of having the multi-location feature was to be able to fulfill from multiple warehouses, but appearing as one to the customer.

Tourist
7 0 5

Reading thread after thread of people with this issue. Having the same problem. JUST LET ME CHARGE WHAT I WANT FOR SHIPPING IT SHOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT.

I have a sort of solution:

1. Choose your product you would like to change inventory management for

2. Scroll to the inventory settings

3. Change "Inventory managed by" to "Shopify"

https://screenshot.click/10-13-virzq-focxp.mp4

This does work and it seems my orders are still routed appropriately. The reason it is only a "sort of" solution is because now I am running into an issue where when somebody orders something from Printful, the "inventory managed by" designation changes back to Printful from Shopify. So the next time somebody orders that SKU with an item from another POD provider in the cart, the shipping rate will double. So every time an order is placed the "inventory managed by" designation will have to be manually changed back to Shopify for that SKU. This is incredibly frustrating and I continue to be completely dismayed that there is not a fix to something that seems so simple. None of this should be complicated. If Shopify truly does not have a fix for this double shipping rate issue this is a complete oversight and an utter failure on their part. The fact that this problem continues to persist is going to be detrimental to my business.

0 Likes
3 0 0

It's frustrating that this thread is marked as solved back in page two, yet here at page four, we all have the same issue!

The problem I see is that Shopify defaults my current location as the inventory location; and my fulfilment centre as another, so it doubles the shipping cost.

The only way I've managed to sort it so it works is to halve my shipping rates on the rates page.  So, for example, DPD 100g-15kg costs £7 in real terms. I set the rate to £3.50 so when it gets to the checkout and is doubled, the total delivery cost is what I want it to be.

Unfortunately the system wouldn't allow me to set just one inventory manager, it defaults to Shopify and when I try to change it, it doesn't budge.

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

I have a shop using both Spocket and Oberlo (and Printful) and if a customer orders multiple products where some  come from Spocket and some from Oberlo, they are getting double charged. By the way, Shopify doesn’t reduce its CUT when I need to refund one of the charges. Not cool going into Cyber Monday on a Black Friday. 

Tourist
3 0 0

The best resolve was "oh, make ur shipping fee and pad all 317 of ur items with the shipping price." smh thanks a ton

0 Likes
9 0 0

hi , 

not sure if anyone can help. i have set up an automatic discount, when i go to cart it shows that the automatic discount has been activated next to the product and shows the discount amount. However it shows the original price with a line through and then the discounted new price in red as the same amount. also the cart total is not discounting the offer. 

So the cart has recognised that there is an automatic discount and even shows a figure (£2.50) which is the amount they should be receiving as a discount with the 15% off but its then not pulling through to the new price figure or the car total. 

IMG_2647.jpg

any help appreciated, 

thanks 

0 Likes