Solved

How can customer payments directly cover drop shipping fees?

Lunastar
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi. I want to drop ship. I installed the Prinitify app through Shopify. On Prinitify it says the payment and shipping fees for any orders submitted by customers come directly out of "my" linked card. How on earth am I supposed to know how many orders are going to come through and have that amount in my account at any given time? Is there a way that the money can be taken out of the customers payment when they place the order through my shopify store? Is there something I should install to make it this way? I'm new so I'm still trying to figure everything out and work out the kinks. Thanks in advance for any help anyone gives me. 

Accepted Solutions (2)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @Lunastar 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

How are you? That is a great question. I did some digging on this. It is not possible for Printify to receive payment from a sales channel, however, if the payment fails due to lack of funds you will be able to retry payment manually. In order to retry the payment, you should go to "Orders" tab in your Printify account. There you will be able to locate the order with the status “Payment Not Received.”

Clicking the “Retry” button will retry the billing process and the order will be sent to production as soon as the payment has been received.

If retrying the payment is still unsuccessful then the issue is likely with your payment method and you may need to provide an alternate credit/debit card or contact your bank to determine why the payment is being declined.

This will allow you to pay for your order once you have received your payout through Shopify. Let me know how this goes and if you have any further questions you can bring them to Printify's support team directly here.

All the Best,

Bo 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey again! 

If you are using Shopify Payments the payout time will depend on where you are based. You can check out the payout times right here. If you are using a third-party gateway you will need to check with the gateway directly. 

All the Best,

Bo 

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @Lunastar 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

How are you? That is a great question. I did some digging on this. It is not possible for Printify to receive payment from a sales channel, however, if the payment fails due to lack of funds you will be able to retry payment manually. In order to retry the payment, you should go to "Orders" tab in your Printify account. There you will be able to locate the order with the status “Payment Not Received.”

Clicking the “Retry” button will retry the billing process and the order will be sent to production as soon as the payment has been received.

If retrying the payment is still unsuccessful then the issue is likely with your payment method and you may need to provide an alternate credit/debit card or contact your bank to determine why the payment is being declined.

This will allow you to pay for your order once you have received your payout through Shopify. Let me know how this goes and if you have any further questions you can bring them to Printify's support team directly here.

All the Best,

Bo 

Lunastar
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Bo. How soon after the buyer purchases the item through my shopify account foes the payment get to me? 

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey again! 

If you are using Shopify Payments the payout time will depend on where you are based. You can check out the payout times right here. If you are using a third-party gateway you will need to check with the gateway directly. 

All the Best,

Bo 

Lunastar
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Bo. Thank you so much for your time & help. I appreciate it! Have a great evening.  

MSSTEWART
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi!

My question would be if the payment hasn’t gone through (awaiting funds) will the customer be notified about the decline? I understand you can make the payment manually I just want to know will the customer know this?