Dropshipping different rates to the same destination

2 0 0
Hi, i need to know which one of the multiples shipping rates my vendor shows on his Aliexpress page will charge for my shopify clients. How can i define this?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
635 43 92
Hey, there. 

Dallas here from the social care team. 

I know this may seem counter-intuitive, however, the money for shipping on Aliexpress will be chosen and paid by you. You customers will pay you on your Shopify store and then from there, you're going to use your credit card to pay Aliexpress. It'll seem odd since you're paying from your own pocket, however you're paying from your own pocket because the customer has already given you the money to go and get the products. So you're never actually losing money.

The shipping rates on Aliexpress may vary depending on what country you're going to be shipping your products to. In that case, you're going to want to create shipping rates that will include all pricing discrepancies for each customer. What I suggest is get the rates for all of the main countries that you think you'll be shipping to the most and either get an average of all of the prices or you can just charge the rate for the highest country. That way you'll never have to worry about losing any money. 

Another thought is to add the rate of shipping into the price of the product so that you can advertise "Free Shipping" without losing any money on shipping. This serves two purposes. 
  1. You get the money you want and need to pay for shipping on AliExpress &
  2. You have a marketable selling point that can be used to increase your conversion rate amongst your customers. 

Does this help to shed some light on your question? 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

i dont get it at all, if im using dropshipping and every order i receive on my shopify store will be automatically serviced by aliexpress, In what part of the deal ill need to pay for the shipping cost?? How amd i going to be notified to make the payment to proceed with the purchase? how ill tell Aliexpress, hey guys ill pay for this shipping rate? And ill need to do that for any purchase on my store?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
635 43 92

I completely understand the confusion so let me see what I can do to help clarify for you. With dropshipping, the orders aren't processed by Aliexpress automatically. The customer will put an order through with you on your Shopify account and then they'll pay you on your Shopify account. That'll then put an order notification in your Orders page in your Shopify Admin on your Shopify account. From there you'll need to go into your AliExpress account through Oberlo where the order information will have been sent. On that page is where you actually order the products from. To order the products you'll need to use your credit card. As I said above you'll be using your card, but you still won't be losing money because you've already been paid in your Shopify Admin.

To be honest I think you're going to want to take a look at this help document which breaks the whole process down in even more detail. Have you seen that doc yet? 

Does this help to clarify for you a bit more? 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes