Dropshipping longer than store shipping settings.

Highlighted
2 0 0
I am setting up my store. All of my products are drop shipped, so I did a test order. The shipping time at checkout in my store is WAY shorter than when I ordered the item for fulfillment. Is this something I can adjust in my store, and will it need to be done for each product??
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
400 51 66

Hi, @Itsmere

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Thank you for your question.

When setting up shipping rates on a dropshipping store, you need to use Manual Rates, instead of Calculated Rates. Manual rates can be priced-based or weight-based, and do not need to be adjusted for each product. However, keep in mind that if you choose to use weight-based rates, you will need to have an accurate item weight assigned to each product

The rates are setup in your Shopify admin by going to ‘Settings > Shipping’. They will apply to the entire contents of the customers cart at the checkout, and enable you to set the correct delivery time expectations. With manual rates, it is possible to include a shipping time frame in the name of the rate. Like this, for example:

24-21-ki93f-37tq0

Here are a few articles for you to read that are helpful in understanding and setting up shipping rates when dropshipping:

Another effective way to ensure customer satisfaction, is to create a Shipping Policy on your store. Policies are created from your Shopify admin in ‘Settings > Legal’.  Within this section, you can create policies for Refunds, Privacy, Terms of Service and Shipping. You can choose to write your own policies, or generate them from a template. I recommend reading the following two blog posts to help create policies that work best for your business:

Once these policies are created, they are automatically linked in the footer of your checkout. You can also choose to include them in your storefront navigation menu for a greater user experience. Here is our Help Doc for instructions on adding menu items to your navigation.

What types of products are you selling? Are you focused on a particular niche?

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
I followed these instructions, but it does not allow me to input a shipping
time longer than 3 to 6 days. Obviously, this is not near enough time when
using Oberlo to dropship.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
400 51 66

Hey, @Itsmere

Helen here again. Thanks for following up on this. 

Each rate name you add when creating a weight-based or price-based flat shipping rate is saved. When you click in the Rate Name box, all previously created names will propagate for you to choose.

To add a new rate name, type in the name and details of your new rate in the Rate Name box, and click on Add, as seen below:

28-01-c0yx2-jvdcn

The Shipping Profiles Help Doc also has a detailed section on naming rates, which you can find here

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'm here to help.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes