E-Mail a label when order placed

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi there,

I'm in process of migrating our store from prestashop to shopify. We are a service based business where customers mail-in devices to us to fix, and we repair them, and send them back.

With prestashop we built a custom backend system that handles sending out of shipping labels to customers when they complete their order.

I wanted to see if anyone knew of a way that shopify could automatically send a shipping label to a customer with a completed order, so they can print and send the device into us. I'm trying to think of a way to tie the shipping label into the shopify side of things, rather than our custom backend.

I keep thinking, maybe there's a return app that could do this when an order is complete, and just customize it a bit?

Thoughts?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
280 30 54

Hey, @cjohnks 

It may be worthwhile looking into Product Return apps that support prepaid shipping labels. For example, there is an app called Rich Returns that may be worthwhile looking into. The app also allows you to edit the text within their returns app widget so you could try to retool the app to appear as a "Mail-in Service" as opposed to a product returns app.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Would you be able to add shipping options and fees to checkout with this option? i.e. UPS ground shipping or overnight?

0 Likes