Edit confirmation page

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello, 

I would like to edit the link of the tracking number, beacause I use an other app to track the order, and this link rederect to royal mail (app Aliexpress). How can I do that ? 

Thanks for you help !

Sincerely, 

Bastien PELLET

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
816 50 103

Hi there Bastien!

Don here from Shopify!

While I can't be 100% sure without looking into your store specifically, it looks like the system has defaulted to interpreting this tracking number as belonging to the Royal Mail carrier.

When you add a tracking number to an order in Shopify the system will try to automatically detect which carrier this pertains to and will select the closest match based on know formats for carriers.

This is less than 100% perfect, as it can sometimes incorrectly default to an incorrect carrier. We're working on improving the accuracy of this all the time; though it is a work in progress.

What you can do, however, is to just change the carrier in the order itself from 'Royal Mail' in this example to 'Other' or the carrier of your choice if it's one of the defaults there.

This should remove the automatic link to Royal Mail and alleviate some potential confusion for your customers. :)

If there's anything else we can help out with, feel free to get in touch via our support site.

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello Don ! 

Thanks for your reply. You do a very good job and I thank you !

I was wondering, can I erase the link or change it (Javascript ?) so that the customer come on my custom tracking page ?

Sincerely, 

Bastien PELLET

0 Likes