Edit order? Change size in order?

Highlighted
2 0 2

I have had a few cases when an order has been placed and then I have received an email to change the size of one item before shipping. I can not workout how to edit the size in the order? I have been shipping the size the customer wants but unable to correct my inventory online! How do people get around this?

thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 58 116

Hey, Fernando!

I'm Lizzy, one of the Gurus on the support team at Shopify.

There isn't a way to edit your order information directly through the Shopify Admin. You can use an app however, to edit orders. The only potential issues with using an app to change order information is that it can break the sync of the order, meaning that refunds may not be possible from the order itself. If you would like to check out these apps, I've listed a couple below.

Edit Orders - Editify
Edit Orders by Cleverific

The other option would be to manually adjust your inventory after the order has been shipped out. You can either restock the item from the order page, and create a draft order, priced to 0 for the correct size. Or you can go into the product page itself and adjust the inventory numbers without making any changes to the order.

This screenshot shows how to restock an order without refunding the customer.

Does that help? Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. 

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

This is a standard option on in other online store platforms, I see that there several rrequests from other store owners.  Is there a reason that this is not standard in the platform?  can you provide the reasons that we have to use outside applications that could affect refunds and stock?  

thanks,

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 58 116

Hi Fernando ,

Thank you for bringing this request up. At Shopify we strive to build a strong, core platform that can do the jobs that most of our merchants require most of the time. The reason we have worked to develop a community of app developers is so that we can offer additional functionality to those customers who need specific features by using apps.

Even if a feature isn’t part of the platform yet, it doesn’t mean that it won’t be implemented as we continue to develop and expand. This is why we really appreciate this kind of feedback from our merchants. It gives us insight into the features we build next, that will be most useful for the businesses we host. 

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. I've created a feature request on your behalf so that our developers are aware this is a wanted feature and can consider getting it added in a future update.

I hope this helps to answer your questions. 

Lizzy 

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 8

Hi

I hope the edit order can be added to the platform, this is a very basic and necessary tool for all merchants. It seems that there are a lot of apps out there but don't see why we should have to pay an additional $20 per month for this option.

Look forward to having an update for this very soon

Thanks

Leigh

7 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
15 0 15

The problem is, that all the third party apps that do this are buggy, and it should be a feature in the core functionality.

Customers are changing size and colour all the time. It's part of the normal business flow.

You don't want to ask a customer to place a new order, cancel the original charge, and place a new charge; as they may just get fed up and leave, especially when there is no price change.

8 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

So 9 months later and after a pile of corporate double speak we're still no closer to a very basic site addition? Losing Mail Chimp we can work around. But basic functional stuff like are own goals Shopify need to stop scoring.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Totally agree. This is such a basic and most necessary function - i can't believe its not included.
PLEASE Shopify can you remedy this

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
15 0 15

@crazyhorse wrote:

Totally agree. This is such a basic and most necessary function - i can't believe its not included.
PLEASE Shopify can you remedy this

From a conversation with Shopify several months ago, Shopify will be adding the ability this fall to edit the order, provided it has no impact on the price.

Since most of our changes deal with size and colour and has no impact on our price, this will work for us.

Now that Fall is almost here, I wonder if Shopify can comment if we are looking at early, mid or late fall.  Having this feature before the start of the Christmas Rush would be desirable.

3 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
479 27 581

Hello, I'm happy to share order editing is now available! 

To learn more check out this post, the Help Center and the Shopify Changelog.

Thanks! 

Note: Since this topic hasn't had activity in a few months I am going to lock it. If you would like to share feedback, or have questions about Order Editing please start a new topic and if needed reference this topic. 

TyW | Community Manager @ Shopify
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes