Editing company name on shipping labels

Brandon_Swank
Tourist
11 0 3

Is there a way to change the name of our company that appears on shipping labels without changing the legal company name in the admin? We use the order printer app that comes stock with our Shopify account, not an outside app. We want them to say "Shipping Department".

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Likes
Philip_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
166 0 38

Hi there Brandon,

Phil from the Shopify Support team here. The name that appears on the label doesn't pull from the "Legal name of business" in your admins General Settings. It actually pulls it from the 'Store name' field in the Store Details section from Settings > General. 

The store name field is what is used for the label. Took a screenshot for you: https://screenshot.click/13-58-5gbsm-78yck.jpg

So you can leave the Legal Business name field the same and change the store name to adjust what the label says. Be warned though, this will change everywhere else that your Store Name is visible. (i.e. email notifications)

I'll pass this up as a feature request as a more direct way of changing the information that should show up on labels!

Hope this helps :)

- Phil K

Brandon_Swank
Tourist
11 0 3
Haha ok cool. I changed that and tested it on an already purchased label and it did the change. That's when I decided to ask. Just tested it again on an unfulfilled order and it worked. Thanks for the help!
0 Likes
Brandon_Swank
Tourist
11 0 3

Deleted

0 Likes
Philip_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
166 0 38

Thanks for the heads up, Brandon! I should have included that in my initial response. I've gone ahead an updated my post in the event that anyone ever stumbles upon this post again. 

At this very moment there is no work around for this request. Something that I've passed along as a feature request. 

If I'm not mistaken, some Shipping apps out there which you can purchase labels through will give you the ability to change that information. There's just no native support for this feature yet. 

Again, thanks for the update!

Cheers

Phil K

Brandon_Swank
Tourist
11 0 3

I deleted my last post cause I saw where you had edited it and thought I missed that part. Lol. Ok cool. Yeah there are apps, but right now we're too busy to make templates for orders and shipping, so we're happy with Shopfy's U.I.

0 Likes
Brandon_Swank
Tourist
11 0 3
I just edited the {{ shop_name}} in all the liquid stuff for emails.
0 Likes
Sue_Webb
1 0 2

I have a similar need.  I do all my shipping under my legal name because my shop name has the word Jewelry in it which not a safe way to ship international orders.  Can I change the name just for printing labels and then change it back to the business name each time?   I would hope we could have the option of what our return name and address should be on labels.

Thanks for any help,

Sue

Brandon_Swank
Tourist
11 0 3

You can either change it like I was told to and then edit all of your template emails to eliminate the {{shop.name}} and just add in your company name, minus the {{ }}'s.

But, my suggestion is get Shippo, a shipping app. You can edit your shipping label return info and the prices are cheaper than Shopify has with Endicia. It's a free app and .5cents per label. Still ends up being cheaper. That's what we chose to do, even after we edited all that stuff.

Hope this helps.

Jason_Roberts
Explorer
55 0 50

You can add me to the request list for this feature. Our Shipping From name is different from the name that appears on our emails, as well.

I understand the desire to automate as much as possible, but considering we're entering an address manually, why not just remove the {{ shop_name }} from the return address and let us enter it ourselves?