Editing orders

Highlighted
1 0 2

I am attempting to change the shipping charges that I am charging my customer for an online order.  How do I edit this? How do I edit any part of their order?  

I am new to Shopify, just migrated over from Volusion. I am accustomed to be able to edit any part of a customers order. I feel that being able to do that is just good customer service.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
141 0 15

Hi Cindi,

At this moment in time, there is no way to edit the order details without having an app plugin which allows you to do so.

Check out this app, which will bring the feature of editing orders to your admin once downloaded - https://apps.shopify.com/order-editor.

Kind regards,

Brian
Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 10

Hi Brian, something which should have been a basic feature on the cart is being sold? Why does shopify want us to pay $15 a month for editing an order? 

10 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 0 29

I'd also like to know how the most most basic function of editing an order is not available as standard? We came from Big Commerce a few years back and have been constantly appalled at this lack of a feature. Big Commerce had it, and as mentioned above, Volusion also has it, and i don't doubt that every other platform also has it. It has caused so many orders to be sent wrong as there is no way to update an order, so we rely on staff to actually read the notes on the order, which is so amateur it's not funny. Ever since switching over we have seen time and time again that Shopify is all about collecting money from apps for functions that should be easily accessible as part of every package.

7 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

I am also appalled at this, as well as many other aspects of basic functionality that Shopify doesn't include--so you have to pay extra for. And not an inconsequential amount, either. I'm ready to back out, really--we haven't yet launched our store. I feel kind of sick about it.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 0 29

As you've only started a store and not yet launched it, you are fortunate. I would absolutely love to leave!! But i feel stuck as I am not sure how this might affect ranking and all the hard work we've done. We killed it with sales when we were with Big Commerce, and we had plenty of money to create new products etc, but the very second we came over to Shopify, we've consistently been declining to the point where my partner is supporting my business now, and I have no staff anymore, as I cannot pay them. My partner was also my business partner before and worked with me, but when we swapped to Shopify, he had to remove himself from the company, and go back to his carpet laying job and it's wearing him out to support this trainwreck that was a quickly becoming a household name before we came to Shopify.

I am hoping for a potential partnership to take fruition, or i'll be closing shop. I have no idea how we've lost sales, as I was assured that nothing would change with the swap from BC to Shopify. But EVERYTHING has changed. And what was free for us before, is now an app for this or that. And the app devs lie and say that their app is customisable etc, but they're not, So you delete the app, but there are still snippets of it left in code, which affect the store etc. Your store on the shopify platform is not fully customisable as it's all about apps, so if the app isn't there, neither is your desired function. So you have to just deal with it. The checkout is nicer with shopify, BUT, I am sure that since we left in 2016, Big Commerce would have caught up. I am sick of forking out to Shopify, and any new store we get will be with someone else. I'd rather go Wix, and put the savings towards marketing, as in the end, that's what will get the sales, no matter who you're with. I cannot afford marketing with Shopify eating up my funds.

Don't listen to devs. They tell you use Shopify because they love it. But that's because they are lazy and Shopify caters to this. They also might prefer to download an app and get paid for their 'work'. And then when you need help with what they've done, they'll tell you to contact the app dev, as they are the only ones who can work within their app coding, so you have to work with the app devs. And then THEY want an insane amount of money to help you. BOLD apps are the worst....they wanted over $3000k to tweak something in their now defunct $60pm app. So i paid an amazing dev, who thinks outside the box, $1000 to create a workaround on the site for me, using NO app. Having said that, he still could only work within Shopify constraints...he just thought to do it, where other devs are so robotic, they seek an app.

I am so unhappy, i could go on for days. There is so much that limits you as a seller on shopify. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 12

Wow, that's scary. I hope things get better for you! My boss--the voice of reason--calmed me down, and we'll be going forward with launching our store. We had lots of problems with our old site too, which they could never solve, so going back isn't an option, and we've put so much time and money into this migration that we feel we'd better keep going, and hope for the best.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

We have found very few redeeming features in Shockify. For us it has been one headache after another as we try to get it do what it really should be able to do as a basic cart. Just plain shocking!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 0 29

I know, right?! The fact that they've managed to ruin what was an amazing business that supported us very comfortably for many years on BC, pretty much overnight, is infuriating. My partner now had to return to his old labouring job to support this business while I figure out what to do as Ive worked too hard to just give it up, but can't afford to continue this way. I know 100% that it's all due to Shopify as we've been in business for over 20 years now, and it all went crashing the moment we swapped to Shopify. Our backlinks were lost and we lost ranking and we can't have alot of the functions that our old store did. The ONLY decent thing is the Shopify checkout. But really, if noone is visiting and adding to cart, a nice checkout is useless. What angers me most is that our devs wouldn't do any more work for us on BC, and wanted us to switch to Shopify, and promised that nothing would be affected, so we trusted them. I realised very quickly that they wanted this because it's less work for them as everything is app functioned, so the dev has a much easier time making things happen for us, but we pay an arm and a leg for it. I feel like Shopify might give good incentives for devs to manipulate their loyal customers this way. And if you add apps, and delete them because the app dev lied and said it can do this and that, then there are snippets of the app code left in your store and messes with existing apps etc....it's a mess. HOW DID SHOPIFY GET THIS POPULAR?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Your mention of losing traffic because of lost backlinks sounds like something the folks who transferred the site should have taken care of. Not Shopify's fault actually. Every platform has a slightly different link structure. Fixing this will likely start to increase your traffic.

0 Likes