Emailed gift card's code is incomplete

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 0

When the buyer clicks on the "View You Gift Card" link in the email, the number on the gift card is incomplete. It shows all but the last 3 characters of the code. How can I fix this so my buyers see their full code? Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9780 86 1531

Certainly not the default behaviour that I would expect.

Have you customised the theme and perhaps altered the gift card template in a way that would see some of the code truncated visually? If you're not sure - does the same result happen in a fresh version on a different theme?

Will be rather hard to troubleshoot without seeing the link, but understand why you might not want to share a gift card link. If this store is live (and not a developer shop) I'd not recommend sharing it at all. 

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Tourist
3 1 0

I haven't adjusted the gift card template at all. This is a client's live store so I'm trying to trouble shoot it, but you're right I don't want to post an image of it. I'm using the Debut theme.
The full number is there, just truncated (I can copy and paste it). More of the code is hidden on smaller screens like a phone. So it seems the font-size isn't adjusting responsively.
I've been able to change the size of the print by changing the font-size of the typeface - but still not enough to make the whole number show. 
Any advice? 

0 Likes

Success.

Tourist
3 1 0

Hi! In case anyone else has this problem, this is the solution I came up with. I adjusted the font-size while maintaining the size of the box. 

laptop gift card code.pngmobile gift card code.png

0 Likes