Error Adding Card

jgreenwood
2 0 0

I am receiving this error when the test mode is on and off. Please help. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 8.42.17 AM.png

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
772 86 115

Hey, @jgreenwood!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

Thank you for posting a screenshot with your question to help show the error you're getting, that's a great help! I'm happy to assist with this. In order to help out to the fullest, I'll need to get some more information from you. Could you please reply back to this post and provide the following information? 

• Is the error appearing in the checkout while trying to complete a test order? 
  • Have you selected a plan for your Shopify account? 
  • What payment provider are you using? 
  • Are you testing with a real or bogus credit card number? Bogus credit card numbers can be found in our help doc here on testing Shopify Payments. 

I look forward to hearing back so we can continue to work through this together! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
jgreenwood
2 0 0
Hi There! I am in contact with Authorize.net to get my account set up. I think that was the cause of my issues. Thank you for responding I am all set for now. Cheers. Janie
0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
772 86 115

Hey, @jgreenwood!

Ash here again. Thank you for getting back to me with this update! It's great to hear you're getting assistance from Authorize.net to set up your account with them. Feel free to keep me posted once you know for sure if that was the problem. If not, I'll be happy to continue assisting any way I can.

0 Likes
EmmanNite
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi 

I am getting the same error. I'm trying to perform a test payment and it keeps coming up with error adding card.

It's reached the point where it won't even allow me to add a card anymore. 

EmmanNite_0-1616029575263.png

Please help me with this.

Thanks

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
772 86 115

Hey, @EmmanNite!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

I see that you're getting an error message while trying to complete a test payment in the checkout, and I'm happy to help figure out what's going on. I do need a bit more context in order to get the full picture, though. Could you please reply back here and let me know: 

• What payment gateway are you trying to test when you get the error? 
  • Have you made successful test payments or real payments previously?
  • I see that you're using the Mastercard test information from our Testing Shopify Payments page. It's important to note the numbers on that page are only for testing the Shopify Payments gateway. 
  • Provided you're using Shopify Payments, have you tried any of the other test numbers on the Testing Shopify Payments Page

Looking forward to hearing back and further assisting. 

0 Likes
EmmanNite
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi Ash,

I'm trying to use the visa payment way, using the test card numbers on the shopify help site. I've also tried other card types and none of them work. I tried today even though it has reset allowing me to use the card payment method, it still comes up with "There was an error adding this card".

I haven't made a successful payment before, this is the first time I'm trying to simulate a test payment on my store.

Thanks

0 Likes
EmmanNite
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi,

I think I manged to solve this by trying to make a payment in my incognito browser instead. The test payment has gone through now, so maybe it was something to do with the email on the previous browser.

Upon checking further i think the problem was the email i was using. I tried a guest checkout in the regular browser and it's working now.

Thanks

Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
772 86 115

Hey, @EmmanNite!

Thank you for getting back to me with this update! I'm glad to hear the test payment seems to be working as expected now. It's hard to say exactly what the issue was, but I'm thinking it may have been cache/cookie related if it started working once switching to an incognito browsing session. If this kind of error pops up again going forward, try clearing your cache and cookies and retrying your test. Incognito mode is also definitely a solid option. Happy testing!