Error Code PE101 w/ 2Checkout: why and resolution

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

I'm creating this post to help users experiencing the error, PE101. This is probably the most common error we see with Shopify users utilizing 2Checkout, but it's also a very easy error to correct. 

Why is this happening (?): The error is triggered when the user enters something other than a numerical value, or they enter the wrong numerical value, in the "Account Number" field. In step four of the instructions under "Shopify Settings" (found at https://www.2checkout.com/shopping-cart/shopify), we often find users inserting an email address which then triggers the error as they get further into the integration/testing process.

Additionally, this is happening due to a simple notion of process/timing. Meaning, a user sets up their Shopify store before having a 2Checkout account and because of this they don't have an account number to enter. This then typically leads them to inserting an email address and not editing this field once they've signed up and received their 2Checkout account number. 

How can this be corrected (?): It's simple. If you already have a 2Checkout account when you setup your store, simply insert this nine digit value in the "Account Number" field within the Shopify settings section of your shop. 

If you don't have a 2Checkout account before creating your store, you can insert whatever value you wish; just be sure to edit the field before doing any test transactions.

If you have trouble, or other issues arise, our support team can help via phone, email and chat.

Highlighted
Trailblazer
216 1 108

We're also unable to use the 2checkout integration due to it having errors causing the user not to be able to purchase.

Additionally, it would be nice if shopify could integrate 2checkout usign their API instead of their 3rd party hosted solution, which doesn't convert well.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

Can I contact you with the email you used when you made an inquery with our sales team last year (It was a gmail account which contained the word spam.)? I want to know more about these errors (the codes triggered) or the transaction IDs. 

RE: API - this is on the roadmap; but it's a long road. To set the appropriate expectation, I wouldn't expect a delivery on this until - at the earliest - mid 2017.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
216 1 108

@Michael, I assume you work for two checkout? And not showboardsbycauley

Yes, it's the .spam email address. Feel free to send over an email.  I'd love to know the status on API integration with Shopify, so we can fully use the service.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

While I do love boarding, I'm not [yet] selling snowboards :)

I'll be in touch.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Buenas, eh intentado poner el "Código de comerciante" en la configuracion de shoopify y me sigue apareciendo el error a la hora de generar una compra para testear que todo este bien antes de abrir la tienda, que es lo siguiente que debo verificar? Muchas gracias

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Good, I tried to put the "Merchant Code" in the configuration of shoopify and I still see the error when generating a purchase to prove that everything is fine before opening the store, which is the next thing I should verify? thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

when I see the Error Code PE101 on my website during payment, How can I handle this?

Is there a way to fix?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm getting 101 error even though I inserted my account number on Shopify

what should I do?

0 Likes