Error "There are no shipping methods available for your cart or address"

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
546 60 90

Thanks for all of the information, @JosephN

Having items out of stock, or negative stock, won’t affect your shipping rates. If you had these items set to not oversell, then the 'Add to cart' button would say ‘Sold out’ and the customer would not be able to proceed to the checkout.

If they are set to oversell, as seen below, then the behaviour would be the same as if there were positive stock.

20-03-kmair-rzzzi

However, having a high number of abandoned checkout orders could most definitely be a result of the shipping rates not always being available!

From the information you provided, it sounds like you have everything set up correctly. Therefore to troubleshoot this further, I’ll need to take a look at your store directly. 

I am going to send you an email so that we can facilitate this. Keep an eye out for it!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

Thank you Helen! joseph@fiberpasta.us

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am also getting this same issue, I have tried doing your suggestions but still can not figure it out

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
546 60 90

Hi, @alex269!

Thank you for confirming that you have tried all of the previously listed troubleshooting steps in this thread.

As a next step towards resolving this, I will have to take a look directly at your store, and do some testing in order to determine what’s going on. 

I am sending you an email. Please keep an eye out for it, and reply at your earliest convenience so that we can proceed.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Helen,

I am new to Shopify, setting up my first store for my chocolate company, Wildwood Chocolate. 

I believe I set up the shipping properly.  We are only using the Shopify shipping service options - no third party apps or integrations.

My product weights are set in oz. not lbs. (except for one which I changed to see if that fixed the problem, it did not).

When I try a test sale, I get a message that says that there are no shipping methods available for the address. This happens both when sending to a P.O. Box and street address which is weird, because we elected to use USPS and UPS as service providers. 

Because of COVID-19 our business has taken a serious hit and we need to get our webstore up and running ASAP.  What do I need to do to fix this?  I've read through all the previous comments and either don't understand them, or they do not apply to my situation.

Thanks,

Rebecca

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
546 60 90

Hi, @WildwoodChoco

Thanks for your reaching out about this. I definitely understand the urgency! 

Since it has been a few days since your post, I wanted to check in and see if you have since resolved the issue, or if you still need a hand?

Let me know! I’m here to help, and happy to work through this together.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi I have been having the same problem is there a way to rectify this 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hi Katie,

Yes! It's actually quite easy.

You have to go into each product in your inventory and select the address
you are using for the ship from address in your shipping settings. They
must match. LMK if that helps.

Best,
Rebecca
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Hi there

I’m using two different shipping apps, Addition and trans direct.

Addition is great as it allows you to set a postcode range and exclude postcodes within that range but isn’t linked to any carrier service. The process was exhausting and I feel I’m over charging on shipping.

I found trans direct which is the freight company I use. I find that it seems to sometimes work, and other times not.

I’m now only using Addition for my metro postcodes to provide free shipping, and using all postcodes outside my metro range to be set by trans direct.

It seems my metro postcodes are getting this error now and the regional and rural post codes are working fine. It seems to work and show the free shipping sometimes and other times not.

My metro area customers are more likely to shop but now I fear that the shipping not calculating can push them away.

In Australia and haven’t found a shipping solution that’s easy!

Anyone with info or suggestions would be grateful. I sell large heavy butcher machines. I’d like to be able to use just one app to take care of all my shipping. I pay annually on my subscription and have carrier services enabled.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thank you so much Rebecca it worked a treat . my check out button isn't
very clear is there anyway to make this more prominent as people seem to
think I only offer the pay pal pay link
0 Likes