Error when generating UPS label/Absolutely unreal support from Shopify

shopfysucks
2 0 0

1/7 I go to process my shipping labels like I always do.  When trying to purchase, I get an error telling me there is a problem with the UPS account and to contact shopify support.

To my absolute amazement, Shopify does not take phone calls!

I email these boneheads and start to panic as I now have no ability to fulfill my orders.  I google the problem and the only real answers I can come up with is that Shopify may not have paid their bill resulting in the account being locked!  Great!

A day later I get a reply indicating that they have emailed UPS and will get back to me at some point when UPS decides to respond.  WHAT!?!?!

I ask for additional information and a day later my request gets completely ignored and the rep tells me to wait patiently.  

Then I proceed to call UPS and get bounced all over the damn place.  Here I am like an idiot desperately trying to get this resolved which is essentially impossible because best I can tell Shopify holds all of the account information so UPS really can't do anything for me.

So hear I sit and wait 6 days later with no response or resolution from Shopify.  They refuse to get on the phone with UPS to get the issue resolved and they refuse to handover any information that would allow me to resolve the issue myself with UPS.

On top of that, it seems like if I wanted to use my own UPS account, I would need to upgrade to the whopping $299/mo plan?  Unreal!

Shopify really dicked me on this deal.  For as much money as shopify is making from me you would think I could at least get a call answered or some level of reasonable support.  Any suggestions for other ecommerce platforms to move my business to?

0 Likes
shopfysucks
2 0 0

Update: 2pm on Tuesday I have not had a single response from Shopifys wonderful tech support in over 24 hours at this point.

0 Likes