Exporting Orders Missing ACTUAL Shipping Cost Line Item

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

anyone else find this to be a nuisance that Shopify does not include the actual shipping price we pay for a good/service in the export file on the orders page? can the shopify support team build this out. doesn't seem like a difficult tag to add to the export file. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
500 1 56

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out on the forums! This information does actually show up in the admin/orders/export orders, under the shipping field :)

If the shipping rate is 0 for that order, then you'll just see 0 there.

I hope this helps!

Anne :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Anne,

I'm referring to the cost of shipping we pay through the shopify tool when we purchase shipping for an item. That is the shipping cost we charge the customer. That may not be the actual cost we incur for shipping when we process the shipping...

I hope this explanation hopes you better understand the issue :) 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Anne,

I have not noticed a response to this...please advise.

Cheers,

Al

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
500 1 56

Hi Al,

I'm so sorry, I missed your reply!

I see exactly what you mean, and to be fair its a great idea! I can completely see why you' and other store owners woud want this to be available on that report, and I am going to make a feature request for this, which will be reviewed by the developers. You can add your voice here- https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussion/t/feature-requests-here-52781

Thanks Al!

Anne :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Thanks, Anne!! :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

C'mon guys...it's been over 4 years and this feature still hasn't been added. It has to be so ridiculously simply to add. I have no idea how to see my incurred shipping costs for all my orders at once. I have to individually open each order and write down the shipping cost one by one.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

One workaround is to go to Billing, then click and view your recent shipping fee threshold bills. Click the drop down box by the total shipping fee, then click the link for XX Fees. That will show the order number, service, destination, date and shipping amount. And can be exported to a CSV file. If you need the additional information from the orders export, you could manually combine the two reports. It's a little work, but it beats looking up each one individually.

That being said, it doesn't appear you can access the shipping charges report until you meet the shipping fee threshold, so this may not be helpful depending on how timely this information is needed.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks for this. While is doesn't completely solve the problem, it is at much easier to add shipping fees up using this method and I may be able to automate it with a script in the future.

0 Likes