Exporting sales orders, Importing corresponding tracking information

Highlighted
Excursionist
72 0 5

Hi, 

I am new to Shopify and researching potential solutions, for the exporting of Sales orders to our fulfilment company.  Then importing back in the tracking details once they have completed the shipping. 

Our Fulfilment providers only work with CSVs, which with our current ecommerce framework are exported to a server - which we provide. 

The fulfilment company then download the CSV file which I presume they import into their system And complete the order.

Then once order has left the warehouse, they upload a new CSV file to the same server, different folder, with the order number and Shipping reference. 

Our server then using Cron Job, scan for nw file and import to the correct order. 

I should say the eporting works the same way, a cron job send off the sale order CSV to the server, via an FTP connection.

I have noticed there is something exporting plugins/services but not alot for importing.  Hence my post here, as I need to find the right solution, and work out what devlopment I may need to understake, or not as the case maybe.

Many thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
64 0 5

Hi Fred,

My name is Michael, I’m a Guru here with Shopify, thanks for getting in touch. :)

We have a handy app from our App Store that will allow you to manage Order CSVs. It comes highly rated and there is a free trial with that app so you can try it out first before making a purchase to see if it's a good fit for your business needs. You can take a look at it here.

You can also take a look at a guide to order CSVs to see the appropriate lay out that you would need here.

I hope this helps Fred and best of luck with your Business going forward! :)

Kind Regards,

Michael O.

Shopify Guru.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
72 0 5

Many thanks for that is actually something I am looking for as I wish to migrate my orders and not jsut customers and products as I have already done. 

but what I am looking for is a system that exports live sales orders to our fulfilment company and imports live tracking data back into sales orders, once the fulfilment company has sent the order to the customer.

And equally important is we want this automated. Rather than a manual process. 

Is there anything like this within Shopify or a Third Party PLug?

Many thanks in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
73 0 10

Hi Fred, 

Dan here from the Guru team! Thanks for reaching out today through our forums. :) This is a great question. This would be something custom. I would suggest getting a custom app developed to have API integration to work both ways. Most of the apps API will only work one way and not both. A Shopify Expert would be able to develop a custom app for you. 

I hope this helps; and thanks again for posting. :) 

Cheers, 

Dan | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com | 1-888-746-7439 | *shopify.com*

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
72 0 5

Hi, 

Many thanks for that, but as I said we use a Cron job, is there such as thing with Shopify?

As our Fulfilment compnay only except a CSV sent through FTP to a server for them to download. They do not accept anyt API connections. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
72 0 5

Hi, 

Ok so there is no such thing as a Cron Job on Shopify?

So by using API can that be developed to 

1) Export sales orders to CSV, each time a sales order is created, or check and create every 30 minutes?
2) Send CSV file via FTP to fulfilment server?

If you could clarify as I can develop something myself, but I am learning about the Shopify framework. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
72 0 5

Hi, 

The Fulfilment company we use only except CSV files via a FTP account to a server. 

Can the Shopify API handle this? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
72 0 5

Hi 

Our Fulfilment company only allows CSV files sent to a server via FTP.

Can the Shopify API handle this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
72 0 5

Hi, 

Thanks for that, but our Fulfilment company only excepts CSV to their server via FTP.

Can Shopify's API handle this? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
72 0 5

Hi 

Many thanks for that. Our Fulfilment company only accepts CSV to their server via FTP

Can Shopify API handle this?

0 Likes