Express Payment Options not showing on checkout

2 0 0

Express Payment Options (Paypal, Google Pay etc) do appear on checkout.

Website is

https://rockphotographerscollective.co.uk/

Help? Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
584 54 117

Hey there, Neil! 

Bo here from Shopify Support.

That is a really great question, I was able to replicate the issue on my side also. This can happen for a number of reasons, the two most prevalent ones being 1) the express checkout methods have not been enabled or 2) test mode is activated. 

If you go to Settings > Payment Providers and click Edit under Shopify Payments you will be able to see which of these to issues are at fault. The reason that the express checkouts are disabled when test-mode is activated is that Shopify Payments is not able to simulate a test charge when a customer goes to a different checkout such as Google Pay or Apple Pay. Once test mode is deactivated these options should present themselves on checkout. It should also be noted that the checkouts displayed are specific to the browser and device a customer is checking out with. If the customer is using, for example, a PC and Firefox they will not see an option to checkout with Apple Pay, whereas, they would if they were checking out on Safari on their iPhone. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help

All the Best,
Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Bo

Thanks so much for the reply. I checked and you were correct that we did have 'test mode' still turned on.

But with that now turned off, we're still not getting the additional express checkout buttons on the Customer infomation page of the checkout process.

What else do we need to do?

Many thanks

Neil

0 Likes