Extra $ for additional item

Jennifer_Buat
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi there,

I would like to know if someone knew how I could do this. I am doing drop shipping. (I can't afford a Carrier Calculated Shipping or an app for 10$/month) I will sell shirts and let's say the price is set to 26$ and that's 10$ for international shipping. But if the customer buys a second or third shirt or even more, it is 1$ per shirt for international shipping costs (and $0.75 for USA). Any suggestions please? 

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
lizbee
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
114 0 11

Hey there Jennifer!

There is no quick and easy way of doing this without the use of applications but I can definitely put in a feature request for you. You would need carrier calculated shipping + Better shipping to do shipping rates for individual products. Quantity Breaks and or Product Bundles could help with the what you're are trying to do. You could try setting different weights on your products as well!

You can email me directly if you have any additional questions at liz.bertorelli@shopify.com. Happy holidays!!

Liz Bertorelli :: Shopify Guru 
liz.bertorelli@shopify.com

0 Likes
Jennifer_Buat
Tourist
4 0 2

Thanks for your reply! Fortunately, I solved my problem like 5 minutes ago. I set up a weight for a shirt, like 1kg (which is not of course ahah) and 1 shirt is 10$ int'l shipping. And 2.1 to up 3kg is 11$, which is then for 2 shirts. 3 shirts will be 3.1 to 4kg and so on. 

I uploaded the New Standard theme so the shipping rates show up before filling up all the payment info. And it seems to works fine when I test it! :)

I saw a thread from 2006 asking for this additional item option, and a Shopify employee replied they will work on this in a near future. It is still missing and I guess lots of customers would be grateful for that option in your shipping settings! ;)

Happy holidays to you!

lizbee
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
114 0 11

Awesome, Jennifer! I am happy to hear the shipping rates were a good workaround for you! I've added your request to our internal feature request system and if/when the feature becomes available, you'll be the first to know :)

Liz Bertorelli :: Shopify Guru 
liz.bertorelli@shopify.com

Jennifer_Buat
Tourist
4 0 2

Yes, that is a bit tricky but works. Thank you, much appreciated! :)

0 Likes
Fathertees
Tourist
6 0 0

its sad to see that they said they saw a post about this problem in 2006 and here it is 2021 almost and the problem is still there. i guess its a big money making feature for you all

0 Likes