FBA Shipping Rates for some products and not others.

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Is it possible to have FBA shipping rates displayed for only products that are fulfilled through Amazon and have regular shipping rates for products that I fulfill myself?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
231 0 16

Hi, Scott!

Anders from the Social Care Team here. Thanks for reaching out today!

Technically, yes - you could offer both FBA and your own rates at the Checkout since you would simply need to add a new Manual Rate in your Shipping Settings to cover those products. However, if you're looking to have product-specific rates, this would need to be facilitated by an app. I suggest looking into the following:

1. Advanced Shipping Rules
2. Better Shipping

If you did decide to go with offering both rates on your Checkout, this can potentially be done but may be confusing for customers at the Checkout as they would be presented with both the FBA and your custom rates. 

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to follow back up!

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
118 0 16

Hey Scott, I would suggest using a third party app to accomplish this - if you don't, customers will have access to both shipping rates at checkout and not only is this confusing for customers, they will also choose the lesser of the available rates being shown. 

Another option for the app is Intuitive Shipping; you can easily set this up using it. As far as I know, with Better Shipping you cannot have multiple origin addresses. Advanced Shipping rules can get expensive quickly (their lower plans restrict a lot of features you will need, such as "blended rates"). 

We offer a free 14-day trial of Intuitive Shipping, and Live Skype Chat (via text or voice) to walk you through setting up this shipping set up. Please get in touch at support@intuitiveshipping.com if you would like to learn more about Intuitive Shipping - our developer would be happy to connect :) You can also reach out to me directly at sharon@webobsessed.ca 

One thing to keep in mind with any third party shipping app is that you will need Carrier Calculated Shipping Rates (CCSRs) in order to use them. If you are on the Basic or Shopify plan, you can get this added for free if you switch to annual billing (and save 10% on your plan in the process!), or $20/month a-la-carte. You can get this added to your plan by contacting Shopify. 

Warm regards,
Sharon Reeds

Co-founder, Intuitive Shipping
0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 1

Thank you!

0 Likes