Solved

FIRST SALE!! Paypal refunded :(

Moorgs84
Visitor
1 0 0

HI I finally for got my first sale but I stupidly did not have my PayPal account set up properly, and cust paid with Paypal. Whilst I was frantically trying to set the account up, the shopify order timeline shows that the paypal payment is now refunded '

$176.97 AUD was refunded on PayPal Express Checkout.

I am assuming this is because my account was set up properly, what do I do now? Do I send something to the cust to get them to pay a different way? How do I do this??

Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

This is an accepted solution.

@Moorgs84 

If the order has been refunded, then it can't be actioned further to reclaim the funds.

I would recommend contacting the customer to explain the situation and ask if they are still interested in their order. If they are, then you can create a draft order for them by following our guide here. Once you have created the draft order, you can send the invoice to your customer to complete the transaction. Once paid, the order will appear in your orders area to begin the fulfillment process. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

This is an accepted solution.

@Moorgs84 

If the order has been refunded, then it can't be actioned further to reclaim the funds.

I would recommend contacting the customer to explain the situation and ask if they are still interested in their order. If they are, then you can create a draft order for them by following our guide here. Once you have created the draft order, you can send the invoice to your customer to complete the transaction. Once paid, the order will appear in your orders area to begin the fulfillment process. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog