Facebook pixel product value not matching multi-currency value

Hi everyone 👋

I'm testing the new multi-currency functionality for Shopify Payments on a standard store (https://yeahnice.ink/). Everything's working great so far. My currency selector form is working perfectly and product prices are updating in my templates as expected. The currency-converted prices are also making it all the way through to checkout which is exciting to see 😀

However, the product value being displayed in my Facebook Pixel never changes when I change the currency. It seems to always stay at the non-currency-converted price as shown here:

Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 12.39.16.png

You can see in the screenshot that the incorrect value of $20.00 is being set for the pixel, but the correct value of $29.00 is being displayed on the page. The pixel is however, always updating and displaying the correct currency (in this example 'AUD'), no matter what I change it to in my store currency selector.

I'm using the standard Shopify Facebook Pixel implementation and don't have any pixel-related apps or customisations installed.

My question is, should this Pixel product value be updating to match my currency-converted prices?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hi everyone,

I'm convinced this is a bug with Shopify's default FB Pixel implementation not working properly with the new multi-currency support.

My store now has full multi-currency support but my FB pixel is sending incorrect data to Facebook.

To test this I purchased an item from my store with the currency set to USD and everything worked perfectly. Here are screenshots of pixel events:

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 9.00.49 pm.png

I then set my store currency to AUD and purchase the same item successfully in the correct currency:

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 9.04.13 pm.png

...but the FB Pixel is displaying an amount which looks to be a USD amount even through the currency is clearly showing AUD:

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 9.05.37 pm.png

So I don't think Shopify's default FB pixel code is sending the correct amount based on the currency the user has chosen. Either that, or it's sending the *store currency* amount, but is incorrectly setting the currency code.

I should mention that I'm not using any currency conversion apps or custom FB Pixel apps. I'm just using Shopify's new store currency selector functionality.

If this is a bug, who do I direct it to?

Thanks again for reading.

0 Likes

I'm thinking that perhaps Shopify might be always reporting FB pixel amounts in my default store currency, which would make sense from an accounting and reporting perspective.

0 Likes
3 0 0

bump

0 Likes