Facing Issues with PayU integration

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I have set up a store and added PayU as the gateway. I have copied the merchant key and salt from the Merchant Dashboard but it just does not work. Has any one gotten this to work?

BTW There are two salts in the Merchant Dashboard of PayU, one is ~6 chars and the other is ~500 chars (base64). Shopify only accepts the first one and gives a 422 Unprocessable Entity when I try to save the second salt.

Anyone got any working store with PayU? Am I supposed to do something else to get this to work?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
114 0 17

Hey Madhav!

Dave here from  the Guru Team :) 

So with this that first salt that you're adding should certainly suffice without the need for the longer one. When dealing with Third Party Payment Gateways the errors that you see popping up would be sent from PayU so there may be an issue with the Salt itself if this shorter one isn't being approved. I'd recommend touching base with PayU to ensure that everything is OK with the Salt they are providing. 

The other thing that may be affecting this is to ensure you've chosen the correct gateway. When selecting your gateway from the dropdown menu you'll note the option for both PayU Money and PayU India so if the wrong one is selected there it may be rejecting the connection so it's also recommended that you confirm that you've selected the correct gateway. 

Then when you think all is connected OK it's a great idea to test the gateway through a test order so you can be 100% confident the gateway is connected properly :) 

I hope this helps! 

All the Best, 
Dave | Shopify

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Dave - you are the man!

Turns out I was using PayU and not PayU India. The naming is a little confusing (Merchant ID is Key/Alias in PayU talk and Secret is Salt), other than that everything is now working fine.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
15 0 2

In payu we can create some offer for specific banks or mode of payment which need to pass value offer_key=value

Since in shopify there is no way we can pass such value, We are not able to use many payu features .

One of which is Card Offer,

Piyush S

thestiffcollar.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi all,

I've been facing issues integrating PayU Money with shopify.

Did clearly add Merchant Key & Merchant Salt.

When I go to "Set by PayU Money"

It opens a new web page with this broken link "https://reseller.payu.in/refer_yourself/shopify/e2667aefc9559c316ec3e756d65a3c31e77e4053

Kindly Help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hi Piyush Were you able to get this sorted?
0 Likes