Fail to refund still after resetting PayPal

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I've recently completed the Paypal business account set up and have reset express checkout by deactivating the old personal PayPal account and reactivated it with the new business account, I've also replaced the billing PayPal account with the new business account, but i am not able to refund the order still (error msg: you do not have permission to refund), please help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1400 139 384

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @cbfs 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a great question. To my understanding - in order to issue a refund you would need to have the same account connected to your Shopify that was used when the order was initially made - the system will be unable to authorize a refund from another account. The account would also need to be a professional/business/merchant one in order to avail of the refund functionality. For more information, please reach out to PayPal here.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks for pointing this out. During the upgrade PayPal offered the options to upgrade the existing personal or open a new business account, and I thought it'd be best to keep them separate for better management, I shall reach out to them for further information, cheers!