Failed Payment

Highlighted
2 0 0

I recently had a payout to my account that was blocked because the account was temporarily closed. How do I go about receiving the payment?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1233 121 311

Hey there, @BenOneill 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. When a payout fails due to an account being temporarily closed the payouts are put on hold until the banking details have been reviewed and updated. If you go to Settings > Payments > Manage > Change Bank Details. From here you will be able to add your details once more which should trigger the hold to be taken off and you will receive your payout on your next payout date. 

If you have already tried the above, let me know and I will reach out to you via email to authenticate you as the owner of the Shopify account so that I can escalate this to our Account Integrity team so that they can change these details on your behalf. This process can take 2-3 business days. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey, thanks for the reply. I changed the payment setting.

One of the payments is being redirected to the correct account now. However one of the other ones said the payment was completed to the closed account and is not rescheduling.   

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1233 121 311

Hey there, Ben! 

I have emailed you directly regarding this so that I can take a look into it from our end. I look forward to hearing back from you. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes