Failed Payout

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, 

I have a failed payout on my store. The currency is USD and the payout bank account is CAD. 

At first I had the payout account to USD but shopify couldn't deposit it because my bank considered it as a wire transfer.

Now I changed the payout account to my CAD checking account but haven't received anything yet and it's been a while. 

Can you please help me with this. 

Thank you.

Sef

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, 

Can you please help me with the request above. My money hasn't been deposited in my bank account and I'm wondering what's going on.

Thank you.

Sef

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 132

Hey, Sef!

Lizzy here, I’m a Shopify support Guru.

If the payout is displaying as failed it means that we weren't able to deposit it in your bank. Either the banking information on file wasn't correct or the bank has sent the transfer back to us.

In this case it sounds like you're trying to deposit a USD payout into a CAD bank account. This won't work. You will need a USD bank account that can accept deposits to be able to have payouts in USD. There are a few banks in Canada that I've spoken to, who can definitely do this, so I recommend phoning your bank to see what they'll be able to offer you in this case.

You can read a little bit more about the banking requirements for Shopify Payments here

As soon as you've been able to get the bank account ready for the deposit, you can update your information under Settings>Payments>Shopify Payments and the payout will be sent out again!

What sort of products do you have in your store? Are you focusing on marketing to a US based audience?

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

My bank info is correct and it is a physical bank yet my payout failed. Why and please help because if this is just an issue this site has I rather just cancel and go elsewhere.

0 Likes