Failed Payouts

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello, my payouts are failing and i'm not sure what it could be. I keep getting this message "Your payout couldn’t be deposited because your bank was unable to process the transfer we sent them". I went to the bank and they said they're not sure what the problem is. If anyone could help out, that would be great, thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1292 83 290

Hey, @Mulraney13!

What currency are you selling in & what currency is your bank account set in? If the two are different, this could be the reason behind the failed payouts as we would need the bank account to be in the same currency as the currency you charge within your store. For example, if you're selling in USD, then you'd need to attach a full USD checking account. 

If you could follow up with further details, then I'd be happy to take another look!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

That’s probably the issue, my Shopify account is in USD and my bank account is in CAD, what are my options to solve this problem?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

That’s probably the issue, my Shopify account is in USD and my bank account is in CAD, what are my options to solve this problem?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1292 83 290

Ah, yup! That's probably the reason then! We have a few routes we can take: 

1. You can change your stores' currency to CAD, and we can look into a one-time currency conversion for the pending USD funds. 

2. You can reach out to your bank, and have them open up a full USD checkings account that accepts ACH deposits/withdrawals and add that to your Shopify Payments account. Once added, we should then be able to deposit the funds successfully. 

Let me know your thoughts!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Peter,

I am currently having the same problem where Shopify is informing me that my bank account information is incorrect thus leading to failed payouts. I am almost positive i inputed the correct Account and routing number and even double checked with my bank assistant.

Is there any way you can make the current account and routing number visible for me? or check if their is another issue at hand that i may be unaware of?

According to my bank assistant she says everything is in check with the bank and they are not the ones rejected the deposit, so i figured it must be something to do with Shopify?

This has happened with a couple of payment and would highly appreciate assistance as soon as possible.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1292 83 290

@ty4ty 

It would not be possible to make the account information visible; however, we will want to confirm a few things. 

• Is the bank account a full checking account set in the currency you are being paid out in? (Savings accounts are not supported)
  • Is the bank account from a banking institution that has physical locations and not considered to be an "online" bank?

If yes to both then I can verify the store to have our teams take a look. 

Let me know!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello and thank you for the quick response!

I have a total business checking and a savings account, they are separate. Hence i entered the account and routing number for the full checking. I checked my bank account this morning and it seems that one of the payments seems to have gone through.

I am still waiting for a couple of other payments, regardless i still want to make sure everything is set up properly. 

What following steps should i take peter? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1292 83 290

@ty4ty 

If you have received a payout, then there will be nothing more you need to do on your end as any failed payouts will automatically retry within 3 business days. You can view your payout information by going to Settings/Payment Providers/Manage. 

0 Likes