Failed payout in Hong Kong

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

hi sir / madam , the payout has been failed for so many times that i've tried to revise the account name to match the bank account name , bank code 004 ( HSBC HK ) and branch code ( 549 advised by my local bank stafff ) , but it still fails to make the payout , i've asked the bank staff and they replied they couldn't see any payout from shopify , please advise what the problem is as it's been a issue for more than a month that we never have any payout from shopify , hope to hear from you soon , thanks Chak

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
745 57 90

Hi, @shrek6!

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us and letting us know. 

I'd love to take a closer look into this for you. I'll need access to your account in full, which I won't be able to see here. Could you email support@shopify.com from the email address you use to sign into Shopify? When you do, you should receive an automated email back with a ticket number assigned. If you let me know what that ticket number is, I'll have a look into this with you straight away. 

Feel free to reach out to our Support team any time as well. We're here 24/7 via Facebook, Twitter, chats, emails and phone. Just click 'talk to support’ for some more info.

Thanks a mill,
Ted

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

thanks Ted for the quick follow , my ticket number is 12322456 .

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
745 57 90

Hi @shrek6,

Thanks for sending that on! I'll need to take this to email as I'll be discussing your private Shopify Payments details. I should have an update for you shortly if you can keep an eye on your inbox. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Thanks a mill,
Ted

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

hi Ted , email replied with my login id , please feel free to look into my account and see why all the payouts failed , thanks chak

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
745 57 90

Hi, @wa228!

Thanks for letting me know. As I'll need to take a look at your payment details, could you email support@shopify.com from the email address you use to sign into Shopify? When you do, you should receive an automated email back with a ticket number assigned. If you let me know what that ticket number is, I'll have a look into this with you. 

Thanks a mill, 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Did you get this resolved, can you advise what the issue was, as I am having the same problem

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Can you advise how this was resolved, I have the same issue

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
745 57 90

Hi @willowandagnes,

Thanks for reaching out and for letting us know. 

When viewing your failed payout, there should be a red banner listed on the top of the page advising you that your payment has failed and to re-enter your bank details. For example, it should look like this screenshot. If this banner is appearing in your admin, there is an error with your bank details and the gateway was unable to issue a payout. You will need to double-check your account details and re-enter them as advised in the banner.

Please ensure that your HK denominated account is a checking account. A savings or personal account can not be accepted. There are also 3 components to a HK Bank account that need to be met, so please make sure the following criteria has been met: 

• Your Bank code/Clearing code should be 3 digits long.
  • The Branch code should be 3 digits long.
  • Your Account number must be between 6 and 9 digits long (it varies from bank to bank).
  • The Beneficiary name and legal entity must match the name associated on your bank account.

You should be able to re-enter your account details by selecting the "update your bank account" button as shown in my above screenshot. Or you could do so by selecting Settings > Payment Providers > Manage Shopify Payments > Change bank account. 

Our Forum Community is not an instant response channel, so there might be a delay in our replies. For a faster response, we would always recommend chatting with us via phone, live chat or through one of our Social media channels here.

Please let me know how this goes!

Thanks a mill,

0 Likes