Failed to create receivable

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello, 

I am trying to purchase a paid theme and an error keeps coming up Failed to create receivable. Please help me fix this. 

Thank you 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
800 80 137

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @LittleSweetie!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble purchasing a theme. Without looking into your account, this error would usually mean an issue with the payment method on file. Is it Paypal or a credit/debit card you are using? There are a few requirements that you need to be sure about regarding the card that you are using :

• Must be a postpaid credit card (pre-paid cards are not supported)
  • Must be a full credit card (debit/credit hybrid cards are not always supported)
  • Must be a Visa, Mastercard or Amex
  • Must be capable of accepting charges in USD
  • Must be capable of making online purchases
  • Must be capable of accepting recurring billing
  • Must have appropriate funds available
  • Must enter the billing address and details the same as what their bank has on file

Do you meet these requirements? It is totally up to a Credit Card provider/Paypal provider to ensure that the payment method is working as expected and we have very little insight into any issues like this. Unfortunately, most declines are generic, so we don’t have much information as to why a charge was specifically declined so in all your bank will have a lot more insight than us. Have a word with them and let me know how you get on. 

I hope this helps but if you are still experiencing difficulties after speaking with your bank then I can authenticate your account and check if we are missing anything. 

All the best! 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Thank you, It has now been resolved. 

0 Likes