Fake Scam Store

1 0 0

Hi guys, I need your help. I'm a Shopify developer (no related entirely), and managed to identify that a store I and a lot of people ordered from there are being scammed. They don't answer, they keep offering new products and all, but they don't send anything. There is a big story behind in reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Scams/comments/bfl53x/is_officialburritoblanket_a_scam_did_i_just_give/

https://www.officialburritoblanket.com/

Please help! 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1663 50 174

Shopify is a hosted platform not directly responsible for individual business behaviors.

If your unconfident about a purchase or business that is unresponsive  here are some options:

• Contact your payment provider and dispute the charge
  • If the company is behaving suspiciously and you used a credit card you could pursue a chargeback
  • Contact support@shopify.com
Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
1 Like
2 0 5
No, Shopify needs to be directly responsible for the stores they allow into there site that continually scam customers out if their money and who are not selling anything at all, Shopify needs to be diligent in contacting and informing its customers of the ‘Dwemn store’ or any others when people tell you they are scamming. You need to post products that have been deemed a scam so that they cannot be used over and over again and give information to your customer base that uses Shopify of things to watch for when scamming is probably eminent.
3 Likes
Tourist
3 0 0

I agree with you.  My husband and I just recently ordered Dewalt tools for $179.00 and the email came from dwemn.  Had links for my order and the shop, but when you click on them it goes no where.  Bank charge says it was from JOHNNYSHADES HTTPSWWW.JOHNNC US.  Only thing I found about Johnny Shades was that they sell sunglasses.  Will have to see what my bank can do come Tuesday.  Sad that there are so many dishonest people out there.

0 Likes
2 0 5
Yes, sorry to hear that.... Jonny Shades was the same in my card... and placed under ‘groceries’. They’ve taken the identity of a real company. I am flabbergasted that Facebook allows these people to advertise on their site... heck, Facebook polices marketplace and won’t even let you put brand name items up without questioning it. These dwemn people have many different store fronts I see for the same item at $135. Now I see they have another picture they are using of a tv stand for ‘135.’ My card says it’s out of North Carolina.

It’s just crazy what people get away with.

2 Likes
Tourist
3 0 0
It’s sad that consumers can be so easily ripped off by low life’s that are allowed to post their fake ads on social media. Can’t post “hate” comments but you can sure post market place scams and rip people off!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1
I should have known it was a scam when I bought a bunk bed sofa for 59.00. It shows up on my credit card statement as HairCity and also HairsCity. When you look them up it is a hair salon that sells wigs so they stole the name of a legit business to scam people out of money. I’m going to have my bank do a chargeback on my account on Monday
1 Like
2 0 1
Same here.. got caught up in the Black Friday deals and purchased from 3 different Shopify ads on Instagram..found out the following morning ALL 3 were scam sites (selling PlayStation 4 bundles and mini video arcade machines etc. )when I tried to visit the store again for an update.. 3 cards had to be blocked and awaiting dispute Monday..Shopify needs to do better before they be out of business.. They (Shopify) were no help at all when calling besides sounding so aware of the problem when reported...won't get any of my business again.👎🏾👎🏾 I'm warning ppl on all platforms to beaware
1 Like
2 0 1
I think I got the same scam with the ps4 bundles. It was charged to tessuti-shop.com tessuri-shop tx. I searched all over to try to find the ad online and when i found it again, it was saying zengershop.com or something similar. Zenger turned out to be a jewelry store.

I tried to stop payment on my card white it was processing; I was willing to eat the $30 stop payment charge if it meant saving me $160, but my bank wouldn't stop the payment. They said we had to wait for it to process and then dispute the charges.

I was christmas shopping for my dad who is a disabled veteran and lives on a fixed income. He wanted to do something special this year for his grandkids.

To the idiot that keeps defending shopify; THEY ARE NOT WITHOUT FAULT. THEY ARE LEGALLY OBLIGATED TO PROVIDE SOME SORT OF SECURITY FOR THE USERS OF THEIR SITE. THEY KNOW THIS SCAMMING BS IS HAPPENING AND ARE DOING NOTHING. THEM AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU DEFENDING THEM ARE WHAT MAKES THESE LOWLIFES LIVES SO EASY.
I'm sorry, but for the people who have to struggle for the holidays, these deals are like miracles. And for those who don't shop online very often, their ignorance is sweet ambrosia to pos scammers. The creators of amazon and shopify know this. These marketplaces are supposed to provide online customers with trusted vendors, not allow scammers to run rampant. Shopify and Facebook are both just as liable for allowing this BS to happen.

I will be fighting to get my dad's money back. And if it means taking the fight to these asshats that provide scammers a safe place and give no warning to the consumer, so be it!
1 Like
Tourist
3 0 0

I truly believe web sites like Facebook, Shopify, and others only care about making money.  They let anyone advertise their wares and never bother to check and see if they are legitimate businesses or not.  TOO many people getting ripped off by these people on the other end of a computer preying on people that are just trying to save money on things they normally couldn't afford other wise.  Lesson learned.  I will research every company from now on before buying online and only pay through PayPal.  These people are probably in foreign countries where we can't even touch them if they could even be found out.  Sad.

0 Likes