FedEx Shipping Calculator

Highlighted
6 0 0

Is there a shipping calculator available to use with my FedEx account (or not...) but that calculate accurate shipping based on size/weight/customer location to use with the BASIC plan or only the Unlimited?  Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
100 0 7

Hello there Andrea!

Justin here from the Shopify Support Team :)

While I am not aware of a specific FedEx Shipping Estimate Calculator - since you are on the Basic plan, look into adding this to your account: https://docs.shopify.com/themes/customization/cart/add-shipping-calculator

If you are also in the market for a new theme, check out these themes that have built-in Shipping Estimate Calculator's: https://docs.shopify.com/manual/using-themes/features/themes-with-shipping-calculators

Let me know if you have any other questions at all ! 

Regards,

Justin | Shopify Support Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Excellent, thank you so much for these links, I'll look into them and hopefully can implement one for our use!  Ecommerce has changed soooo much since the first shop I programmed over ten years ago, it's all so foreign to me now although all so very nice and definitely much much easier, wow!!  I never would have guessed a theme would have a built in shipping calculator, I have so much to learn!

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

I guess the more I think about it, it isn't a shipping calculator I am looking for but a real time shipping price at checkout... so regardless of where the customer lives, my FedEx pricing is accurate for them.  We ship large, heavy pieces so especially the customer's location makes a huge difference in shipping costs.  Sorry for this fast response, just wanted to clarify! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Also thank you for taking the time to share, I'll check out these options and see if they our needs.  Ecommerce has changed soooo drastically since the first shop I programmed over ten years ago, wow, it's so much nicer and easier now!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
100 0 7

Hey again Andrea!

Then look into adding Carrier Calculated Shipping to your account - this will give your customers a LIVE look as to what they will be paying for shipping based on weight and location at Checkout. You can find out more here:

https://docs.shopify.com/manual/shipping/rates-and-methods/carriers

It is available to be added to your shop for $20.00/month USD and is compatible with FedEx/UPS/USPS for US shops.

Let me know if you have any other questions at all ! 

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
100 0 7

OH and just contact us to have it added to your Shop :)

https://docs.shopify.com/support

Have a great day!

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Wow, $20 a month?  I am certain it's a great service but I'm surprised it is a 'pay for' service.  My mind is stuck in 2005 when I used to know how to program shopping carts and do these things for free, lol, that is not the case today in 2016!!   

I see that this service uses product weights, can you also enter in dimensions?  Our pieces are often 6-20 feet in length so the size affects cost of shipment as well as the weight... actually according to the link you shared, I may need an app for adding different dimensions?  Does that carry a fee as well?  We are building a new shop right now and trying to do it somewhat quickly and carefully, being my family's only income and we may have a lapse when switching from the old platform so I have to carefully consider every single little expense.

Thank you so much for sharing any information you have, your time and knowledge are greatly appreciated!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

Hello @andreafahy,

You can check out the FedEx Rates, Labels and Tracking app handle this scenario. With the app, you can calculate the rates based on the location, weight & dimensions, and many other factors, which will help you reduce the cost.

Also, the app helps you to handle the complete FedEx shipping process. You can display FedEx calculated rates at checkout, print FedEx labels and also handle FedEx tracking.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

You can use the Multi Carrier Shipping label app. This app correctly calculates your account negotiated rates based on weight, dimensions, ship from and ship to locations. This app operates within Shopify. 

Note : Not only this app, but to use any solution which show real time shipping rates, you need to get carrier calculated rates enabled : You can remain on the Basic Shopify plan and add the live carrier rates feature for as little as $0/month if you switch to yearly billing (this also saves you 10% off your plan, so for a lot of users this is the way to go), or you can add it for $20/month a-la-carte. You can add this feature to your plan by contacting Shopify 

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes