FedEx Smart Post option not displaying!!!!

Highlighted
1 0 0

I just integrated FedEx into my shopify store, and everything seemed to work fine up until I noticed that it didn't include the FedEx Smart Post and FedEx Ground Home shipping methods. After many calls with FedEx they have instructed me that it had to do with Shopify Cart not pulling in all the info, or talking FedEx's system, using the API. Please if anyone can help with this issue it would be much help. I just need Shopify to pull all the shipping methods available with FedEx that my account provides.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 0 6

Same problem here... any ideas?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @Nexbelt_Admin , @Rodolfo_Arpia ,

If you have enabled Smartpost in your FedEx account, you can use the FedEx Rates, Labels and Tracking app to show the Smartpost rates.

Regarding the FedEx Ground Home shipping methods, Shopify will show the FedEx Ground service only if your customer enters the company details at the checkout. If they do not enter these details, the FedEx Home delivery will be shown and this service will be used for shipping. This is also handled by the FedEx Rates, Labels and Tracking app. 

When your customer goes to the checkout page and gives an address, the FedEx Rates, Labels and Tracking app uses the FedEx address validation process to confirm whether the address is commercial or a residential address. Based on this validation, accurate rates are displayed at checkout, ie.

• If the address is commercial/business, the FedEx Ground will be displayed
  • If it is a residential address, FedEx Home Delivery will be displayed
Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted

Regarding Smartpost integration, i think that would take a long time, as the Shopify's focus is more towards covering international width rather domestic depth. However, you can still get Smarpost in Shopify using the Multi Carrier Shipping label app. In addition, if you are looking to adjust the cost of each service, this can be also be done in the app. Finally regarding proper distinction of Ground and Ground Home Delivery, you have to atfirst get address validation enabled on your FedEx account. Once you do that, then you can use the above app that will automatically classify the address as residential or commercial.

0 Likes