FedEx SmartPost Option

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

I recently upgraded my store to allow for carrier calculated shipping.

I've activated the Fedex Carrier Calculated Shipping option.  Unfortunately, the SmartPost option isn't listed when a customer checks out.

Where is this option?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
329 0 35

Hello Dewayne,

Just to confirm is your account currently enabled with FedEx for SmartPost? 

I do know several apps can support this special contract pricing once it has been enabled by FedEx but I'm not seeing it generated for your account as it is set up currently within Shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

I'm not sure.  Do I enable SmartPost on their developer site?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
329 0 35

Hello again Dewayne,

According to the information I found on Google it is something you must enter into a contract with FedEx to get these rates. 

I'm not sure if the application is automatic on the dev site or you may have to call them/sign some documents. It is a great deal so they probably don't want it applied to all accounts.

I also see that these apps list support for it so it should be achievable: https://apps.shopify.com/integrations/FedEx%20Smartpost ;

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Massaad,

Thank you for the information.  We are now set up with FedEx to use Smart Post and have generated the new Production Password and Authentication Key.  I've added that to the Shopify store, but Smart Post still isn't showing.

FedEx states it's because we are using 5902 for the Hub ID.  It needs to be set to 5431.  I'm guessing that's a Shopify setting, but I can't seem to find it.  Any insight?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
89 0 6

Dewayne, (edit: to the best of my knowledge), the Real Time Rates module in Shopify does not return Smart Post rates.  One workaround is to use USPS rates, and add a small percentage to them to compensate for the difference.  But if that doesn't work for you, send me an email directly (my email is in my sig below) and I can recommend an alternative viable solution.

shippingwiz@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

Hello @Dewayne_Bruce ,

If your FedEx account is enabled with SmartPost, you can use the FedEx Rates, Labels and Tracking app to show the rates at the checkout page. 

The app also helps in displaying live FedEx rates at checkout, print FedEx labels in bulk and handle the FedEx tracking process as well.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

Smartpost is a feature that is not supported directly. However, you can use the Multi Carrier Shipping label app for this purpose. In the app, there is a place to provide the HUB ID and select the indicia that includes options like Media Mail, Parcel Select, Parcel Return, etc. This should sufficiently allow you to utilise those rates.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes