Fedex Tracking Number and printing Fedex International Air Waybills from Shopify

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

I have enabled Fedex shipping, when a customer places an order on my store it automatically places an order with Fedex.  

The whole experience is relatively painless, thanks Shopify for that.

It appears there is no method for me to automatically print an International Air Waybill, what is the expected strategy/approach I'm expected to take here?

The shipping provider and tracking number liquid properties are undefined/unpopulated so I can't use those..  Am I expected to login to fedex.com and print my waybill through their systems?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

FWIW I got a response from Shopify about this but it wasn't positive, it was basically shelved.  Manually creating a waybill for each order we process is a complete waste of our resources, hopefully Shopify realize how important this is and make some progress.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @John_McLear ,

I'm answering this for the benefit of others with the same query.

You don't need to login to the FedEx website for printing the waybill. With FedEx Rates, Labels and Tracking app, you can print the international or domestic airway bill directly from your Shopify store. 

Moreover, the app also helps in scheduling pickup and include tracking numbers acquired from FedEx in the shipment notification emails sent to the customers automatically.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted

This is 2020, and we have an app that automatically creates labels with your FedEx account as soon as an order is placed. Also, the app selects the customer selected service at checkout as a default service to generate label. Or you can assign a specific service as well.  I am talking about the Multi Carrier Shipping label app.

0 Likes