Fees Explanations

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi,

I recently launched my store and as I test I made a purchase myself.

I'm set up with Shopify Payment (or I think so, at least) which supposedly have 0.0 transaction fee and the credit card rate applies to 2.2% + 0.25 cents.

However, in my payout I see a value that doesn't match this.

I have a payout with amount €31.05 and fee of €1.78 which makes a net payout of €29.27

The 2.2% should be €0.683 + 0.25c should sum €0.93. So according to my calculations, for this single transaction seems like I'm paying almost twice as much as I thought I should.

Can someone help on this? (by the way, is there no way to contact support on this platform? Support pages only take me to guides without giving me an email or phone that I can use)

My only guess is that maybe a currency conversion is being applied as I'm selling in USD. (alhough doubling the fee seems a lot anyway).

Is it normal that the payout amounts I receive are in euros? I'm based in Ireland but selling internationally, mainly to the US. So not sure if my account is wrongly set to euros or what would be more beneficial for me.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 36 64

Hi @ECOMTEUR,

Hyde here from Shopify.

If you are on Shopify Payments then you're absolutely right that there are no transaction fees:

20-06-gqb7o-bhtqdTo double-check that, just pop into your Settings> Payment Providers and ensure that it looks something like this:

20-06-j42rn-2owhd

You're absolutely right that if you're selling in multiple currencies you do pay a conversion fee (more here):
20-06-a1oua-d1gun

You're likely seeing a combination of credit card fees and conversion fees combined.

To contact our support team, first head to https://help.shopify.com/en/questions and log into your store. Once you've logged in, you'll be prompted to ask about a topic: 
20-05-s998g-3lwie

Doing this will present you with links to relevant documentation on our Help Center, but there will also be an option to contact us directly if you require further help: 

20-05-ksl5x-pleb8

Clicking on this button at the bottom will then present you with the different support options available:

20-05-m2m08-ainco

I hope that all helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes