Filing a damaged package claim with UPS, what account number?

3 0 0

Greetings List,

I need to file a damage claim on a package shipped via my store using UPS.  The box was crushed (badly, its a 200 lb rated crush box) but when I go to file a claim, the UPS software states that the claim must be submitted from the account the tracking number was shipped from (it was shipped via my Webstore which is not linked to my UPS account) so I dont have that number and cant find any reference to what it should be anywhere.

Any help is appreciated..

0 Likes
2 0 0

I have the same problem! Did you find out the account #?

0 Likes
3 0 0

No, just found the sound of crickets around here..

0 Likes
1 0 0
I’d like to know this answer as well!
0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 2

We need answers shopify! I've tried contacting UPS and shopify and no one seems to understand the problem going on here?

0 Likes
3 0 0

Looks like the only solution is NOT TO USE UPS via Shopify.  I sell items that are hundreds of dollars each, not having any way to make a claim against the carrier when they screw something up is ridiculous and unacceptable especially when Shopify is making money from each UPS package

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 2
But there has to be some way to claim damaged or lost packages considered
when you use their service it says that there’s $100 insurance included.
There’s something seriously wrong with the UPS - Shopify integration and
the shopify gurus need to be trained correctly on these matters to provide
a solution for us.
0 Likes
2 0 0

I am having the exact same issue! There must be a number somewhere. This is ridiculous.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
I called Shopify help and they put through a claim through Shopify shipping. You can call Shopify shipping directly!
0 Likes
5 0 0

GBG is right. Call Shopify and reference this post.

0 Likes