First Paypal Sale on invalid paypal account

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello 

so im a newbie and I had my first sale yesterday , i got the email and stuff like that and I had autofullfill on so it immediately send it to the customer but thats not the problem. The problem is that he send the money to a account which didn’t even exist and now if I want to cancel the order I have to paz him the money ... 

what to do need help

p.s my second sale was perfect then had no issues with that

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 45

Hello, 

Leon here from Shopify Support.

When your first order is processed using the PayPal Express payment integration, there are some cases where those funds don't automatically land in your PayPal merchant account, usually when an account upgrade from personal to business is required over at PayPal. Not to worry - those funds are still at PayPal, you'll just need to get in touch with them to assign that payment to your account.

They will require some further details about the order, so be sure to have you Shopify admin open at the time, and open the payment details in the order timeline. 

To get in touch with PayPal's frontline support team, please dial or 0800 723 4500 in Germany, Mon.-Fri. 8:00 to 20:30; Sat-Sun. 9:00 am to 7:30 pm. 

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team, or post below. 

All the best, 

Leon 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

So I basically have to ask PayPal to check the Order? Because I got an Transaction Number , but when I check that Number nothing comes up .

Thanks for your Answer,

Samet

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 45

Hi, Smtyldz10.

That is correct. When you reach out to PayPal you can provide them with some of those additional transaction details shown in the order timeline and they'll be able to find the transaction and associate it with your correct PayPal account. 

When the first order is completed, PayPal should send an email with further instructions for claiming those funds to the email address you used to setup your Shopify store -- please check your junk email folder there to be sure it hasn't been overlooked. 

Have a nice day! 

Leon 

0 Likes