Flat Rate Shipping Based on Percent of Order Total Plus Minimum Charge

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

My client wants to charge 12 percent for shipping, based on the total order price, but with a minimum of $12.50. Is this possible to set up using the basic shipping options, or will that require an app. Also, if an app is required, are there any free apps that will do the job?

Note: we haven't decided on a plan yet, but they will most likely go with Shopify, $79/mo.

Dave M
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
235 0 23

Hey Dave!

I'm Daryoush, on the winning Guru team! :)

You can definitely create a flat rate shipping based on an order minimum, however, the shipping option you are seeking is not something that is possible natively in Shopify, at least for the time being. There may be a workaround for this using one of our shipping apps. Please note a number of these apps require our "Real-Time Carrier Shipping" feature which is part of Shopify Shipping. Real-Time Carrier Shipping is available for $20 USD/month or free with annual billing.

- Advanced Shipping Manager
- Bespoke Shipping
- Advanced Shipping Rules
- Shipping Rates Manager

I hope this helps and have a wonderful weekend, Dave!

Cheers,
Daryoush

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
34 0 2

The app we develop, Advanced Shipping Rules, allows you configure different rates for different groups of products that then get combined intelligently at checkout for your customer. 

We have a special rule type that allows you set pricing as a percentage of product total, with a minimum and a maximum charge. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

How is this not a standard feature on Shopify? I can't believe I have to find an app to do this.

Order total * Percentage = Shipping Rate

2 Likes