Solved

Why isn't my flat shipping rate displaying correctly on Shopify checkout?

totalgames
6 0 0

Hello. I've set a Free Delivery zone and I would like to add a Flat Rate zone (say $20), but when I set it up, on checkout the flat rate doesn't show. Instead, it shows a calculated rate for the destinations in the flat rate zone of $15.2 regardless of the country. If anybody had any advice, I would appreciate it.

Flat rate.jpgAfganistan.jpgVietnam.jpg

Accepted Solution (1)

Sharon-Reeds
Trailblazer
126 6 27

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @totalgames,

What I can see is that your shipping rate is set up in dollars ($), but the rate being displayed is in pounds (£). What is your shop currency in? If you convert the currency to pounds, is it £15.20 by chance? The only other thing I can think of is that you have multiple Shopify shipping profiles, and you are testing an item from another profile that has a different shipping rate. 

It doesn't appear to be a situation where Shopify add in a calculated rate, since this would show up in another tab above your shipping rate (see screenshot below). There would be a tab called "Your rates" and another called "Carrier and app rates" if this was the case. 

Screenshot567.jpg

If my suggestions don't work, I would definitely take @Andrew up on the opportunity to connect directly with Shopify support. It's very difficult to diagnose a shipping issue from a screenshot, since there are a lot of other factors that work together and could influence what is happening. 

Best of luck!

-Sharon 

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

Hi @totalgames,

Hyde here from Shopify. Interesting question!

If your checkout is showing a calculated rate, then you likely have Shopify Shipping enabled on your store. If you sign up for a Shopify account in the United States or Canada, then some Shopify Shipping rates are added to your shipping settings by default.

If you don't want those Shopify Shipping rates displayed at checkout, you can simply remove them. If you set a flat rate but also have other rates, they will also show as an option at checkout.

However, it's hard to properly diagnose the issue without being able to look at the full settings of your store. If the above response doesn't help, I would be happy to reach out by email to look at this further.

All the best, Hyde.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

totalgames
6 0 0

Thank you for your reply, Hyde. I've got it sorted with the help of Sharon-Reeds

briannalandes
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, My flat rate shipping in not working, but it is not due to any misreading of currency.   It doesn't appear, it just shows the calculated shipping, which I think is a bit expensive for the items so I want to simplify it to be flat rate for now.  How do I disable Shopify Shipping?

It is also not providing the free pickup option.  Only the local delivery. Please advise. 

briannalandes_0-1606862454499.pngbriannalandes_1-1606862505033.png

briannalandes_2-1606862530557.png

Glamour
Visitor
3 0 0

I added a flat rate of $1 on order over $10 and it’s working but I’ve gotten some orders of $20 or higher and it’s charging then $2 instead of $1. Why is this happening ?? 

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

Hi @Glamour!

In order to better understand what's going on I'd need a little more context: could you send me a screenshot of your shipping set up currently, please? Do you have different Shipping Profiles set up? Do you have different Shipping Zones created? 

The more information you can give me, the better I can help. 

All the best, Hyde. 

Glamour
Visitor
3 0 0
Hello I changed it to regular shipping but now it’s saying it can’t ship to
my address.

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

Hi @briannalandes!

I can see that you posted on the 1st of December, so I hope you've been able to resolve this since then. If not, I just wanted to explain that your shipping rates cannot overlap or your system will read them as one continuous rate:
20-12-f1ouz-du72q

You need, instead, to tier the rates like this:

20-12-bw1jt-ry3l5

So instead of using $75 in both rates, you could differentiate between the two by, for example, setting them as:

< $75 = $0.00 - $75 
>$75 = $75.01 and up. 

I hope that helps! 

All the best, Hyde.

Sharon-Reeds
Trailblazer
126 6 27

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @totalgames,

What I can see is that your shipping rate is set up in dollars ($), but the rate being displayed is in pounds (£). What is your shop currency in? If you convert the currency to pounds, is it £15.20 by chance? The only other thing I can think of is that you have multiple Shopify shipping profiles, and you are testing an item from another profile that has a different shipping rate. 

It doesn't appear to be a situation where Shopify add in a calculated rate, since this would show up in another tab above your shipping rate (see screenshot below). There would be a tab called "Your rates" and another called "Carrier and app rates" if this was the case. 

Screenshot567.jpg

If my suggestions don't work, I would definitely take @Andrew up on the opportunity to connect directly with Shopify support. It's very difficult to diagnose a shipping issue from a screenshot, since there are a lot of other factors that work together and could influence what is happening. 

Best of luck!

-Sharon 

totalgames
6 0 0

My God, I'm blind! I have an auto currency converter that was showing my prices (and, of course the shipping) in GBP, as that's where I'm based. To my surprise, £15.2 = indeed $20! Thank you.

Sharon-Reeds
Trailblazer
126 6 27

Yay @totalgames! I'm so glad that I was able to help you uncover the problem. There are so many factors that contribute to the final shipping cost that displays, so I'm glad you got it sorted 🙂

Have a super holiday season!! 🙂

-Sharon