Food Delivery Store: Ship only to zip code restricted area & 2 delivery areas based on order total value

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi there,

Contextualisation:
We have an online food delivery store in a particular city. By default, Shopify only allows you to restrict your ship area by country / disctrict. The problem is that our current delivery area is smaller than the district created by Shopify.

Problems:

1. We want to deliver only in a specific area restricted by zip codes. The idea is that when a customer goes on checkout page and inserts a zip code that is out of the delimited area, it gives an error message and doesn't allow him to proceed to the next page.
  2. Our delivery area, is divided in two sub-deliverires: one has a 35€ minimum order value and the other doesn't have any min amount. Based on the zip code, how can we let the customer proceed to the next step (aka payment)?

Solutions:

• We read other posts, but didn't find a solution to our problem.
  • We tried to use some custom JavaScript codes that we found online (like this one), but it didn't work. Not sure if it's because we don't know code, or simply they don't work.
  • Last but not least, we analysed different app from the Shopify store, but none seems to solve our problems.

In the end, can anyone guve us a hand please? :)

Thanks,
Mário

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3062 229 499

Hi Mário, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

After reading your post, I'm thinking the Better Shipping app could be a good fit for what you are looking for here. Better Shipping enables you to set shipping rates for delivery areas based on specific zip/postal codes. You can see the Better Shipping app by clicking here. You did mention you looked into some apps, but not which ones. Better Shipping really does seem to fit the bill for what you need. 

Cheers, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Nick, thanks for your help.

Indeed, the app you recommend seems to do qwhat we need. The problem now is that we need to have "a Shopify plan with real-time carrier shipping" which is a paid feature. So:

1. How much this would costs us per month?
  2. Is there any other app that you would recommend that doesn't make us have extra costs (besides the app ones)?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3062 229 499

Hi Mário,

Brilliant, glad to hear it is what you need. Let's answer your follow up questions below:

1. Carrier Calculated Shipping (CCS) is something which you can add to your plan which costs $20 per month. Shopify has a blog post on this where you can learn more about CCS by clicking here
  2. Because what you are looking to do will require you to need CCS which is a cost attached to Shopify and not the apps, it is not down to the apps in this case. There are a few ways to work around paying the CCS cost though, which we will look at below:
    • If you are able to, changing your Shopify plan to annual will give you CCS for free for the year. Just to note also, you would get a 10% discount on your plan should you pay annually also. 
    • Moving to the Advanced Shopify plan or above also enables you to free CCS. 

Don't hesitate to ask should you have any other questions about anything.

Cheers, Nick

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Nick,

I like the 2.1. solution (aka annual fee with free CCS).

I'd like to move forward with it, but first I want to test the app. Is it possible for you to give me 7 days free trial on CCS (same time as the Better Shipping app trial period)

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3062 229 499

Hi Mário, 

There is no trial for CCS within Shopify. The best next steps could be reaching out to our support team directly from the link here to learn exactly how CCS works and how it can benefit you. Completely understand if that is not ideal, but other than paying the cost for it for a one month period, this is your best bet. 

Cheers, Nick

0 Likes