For the Turkish Merchants of Shopify...

Highlighted
2 0 2

Hello dear Shopify community,

Today, I want to talk to you about a very frustrating issue I've come upon. First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Emir, I'm 18, from Istanbul, Turkey, and I'm using Shopify to sell my products online and manage the website of my boutique. I'm on the Basic Shopify plan right now, and even though I'm making enough revenue to afford the normal plan, I do not want to upgrade. The reason behind this is, because I'm young and I've so many other responsibilites to follow, and even though I really want to, I cannot afford nor manage an official government-registered personal or limited business. So what's my point you're going to ask...

Well basically, from all the payment providers that are "supposedly" working with Turkey, the only providers that responded to my application agreeing that they do indeed work with Turkey, were only PayU, Skrill, and Garanti Sanal POS. All the other providers (checkout.com, Realex, Worldpay, PayPal, etc.) responded back saying that they do not currently work with Turkey. I checked out the providers that support Turkey and sadly, all of them said that it's required that I have to establish an offical registered business to work with them. Since I cannot do that, I cannot accept credit card payments on my website. I contacted Support about this and they returned to me saying that they're looking for alternative ways for Turkish Shopify Merchants to sell their products online.

I did some research and discovered that a provider known as "Iyzico" handles everything that's required. Iyzico also supports individual marketing, instead of having to own a registered business. Jackpot. That's what I need. I need a provider that can handle my online credit card orders without forcing me to have a registered business. Does anyone know any other providers? Does Shopify support Iyzico? To conclude, I think that Turkish merchants of Shopify are not getting enough support on this issue/topic. I'm paying $30 monthly for everything and I cannot accept credit cards nor Paypal... I make all my revenue with manual payment options, and if I cannot find a provider which can handle the credit card gateways of my website, there's no meaning of using Shopify for me... I need a hand.

Thanks,

Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

EDIT: I've got in touch with Iyzico and apparently they do work with Shopify indeed. However, they require the shop owner to be at least a sole proprietor or a limited company owner. To cut short, basically, if you're a merchant in Turkey using Shopify, you cannot accept online credit card payments if you are not the sole proprietor or owner of a registered individual or limited business.

TLDR; in Turkish:

Iyzico denilen firma da şirket belgeleriniz olmadan sizinle çalışmıyor. Fakat Iyzilink isimli uygulamalarıyla bireysel satışa izin veriyolar, sizden de sipariş başı %4 + 0.25TL komisyon alıyorlar. Şuan, Shopify'da, şirket sahibi/kurucusu olmadan kredi kartı ile ödeme almak imkansız. Şu aptal ülkeye PayPal geri gelmezse E-Commerce diye birşey kalmayacak.

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Emir,

I am facing the same issue actualy and would like to know if you eventually reached to a good solution.

As far as i know the only good way is to register the business and go for a Garanti Pos for example, but to be honest i still didn't ask how much they will charge for the service and taxes. all this is giving me a headache. i will appreciate if you share the rest of your story so far.

Have a great day.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

me too, I face the same issue, I want to try drop shipping modal so I can't open regular company before I know this modal will work with me or not

if you get to any point or solution please share it with us.

thanks.

0 Likes